“Informal in Botafogo - worst ever”
Review of Botequim Informal

Botequim Informal
Ranked #677 of 13,742 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Botafogo
Dublin, Ireland
“Informal in Botafogo - worst ever”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went there to have lunch with my husband in Botequim Informal Botafogo Praia Shopping. Bad choice, worst impossible. We were placed at a corner table because it was full. I asked the manager if he could find ur other table and he was very rude and impolite to me. We sat at the table anyway. We asked two beers and the menu. After that we decided what to eat we tried to get some attention but nobody came to our table. My husband was TWENTY MINUTES (20 minutes) with his arm raised and no one came up to us. At that time the manager looked at us and the waiter who served us our beer also looked. But neither came! We left money on the table for the beer and we left.

I won´t never go back there. I recommend Devassa instead because they treat you much better!

• Visited August 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent food and beer”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Typical Rio's bar and restaurant!!! Order the "mineirinho" ou "carioquinha" and you won't regret. The "chopp" is excelent, one of the bests in Rio!!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Andre L
Seattle, Washington
“Accidental Amazing Meal”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We wandered in off the street on our first day here in Copacabana, we liked the atmosphere a lot. They have menus in English, and the waiter was really patient with us, even though he spoke NO English,and we speak almost no Portuguese. We ordered the Picanha Garrafeiro (for 2 people) and it was the most delicious amazing meal EVER!! It was R100 for that and two drinks, but it was well worth it. It was the tastiest thing I have had in a while. I HIGHLY recommend that particular dish.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank msfixit21
Oslo, Norway
“Not good steak”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I' ve liked to order the BEST beef/ steak of the house. The staff is not english speaking.
I orded the most expensive steak to be sure. BAD mistake. It was like gum..

The do have Wi-Fi and good beer

london
“Botequim informal awful food! dont go there!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to Domingos Ferreira/Copacabana branch. Horrible and cold food. I complained with the waiter that the food was cold with a poor presentation and expensive for what was served to me ad my friend. He didn't take any measure to resolve the matter and when I was going to pay the bill I called the manger to complain again and he said he wasn't aware of the situation. I said to him that his job to supervise his kitchen and make sure the food have high standard to be served to the customers. The place was very empty and I know now why. Don't go there.

Visited June 2012