“great place for diner”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed June 11, 2013

pretty busy place but very warm atmosphere. the elderly staff will serve you great food.
the classical Filet Mignon is huge and fits nicely with the beer being served there.
outside is the best place to sit, with a view on the Corcovado. inside somewhat crowdy

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whenever I am in Rio, I try to eat at this place, I just love it. The waiters are all elderly men, I think the place belongs to them, but I'm not sure. I love the food there, and you will not leave this place hungry. Try to sit outside! There is often a queue, but I usually got lucky. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been going to this place over the last 30 years and always love it. The potato salad is always delicious and if you love chicken fried steak, this is a must. The chopp is consistently delicious and the place used to have the name for grumpy waiters. The one we had on Saturday was so sweet and has been in the house for a while. Food was perfect and the couple that went there with us was delighted. We took cabs to our lodging from there and that is an easy proposition at Lagoa. We did not have dessert, but it used to be delicious. Enjoy it!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like the potato salad, sausage... pate... all very tasty...tradicional place on menu and arquitecture.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The patriarch of the house we were visiting took us to this establishment.
He said the ambience was not fancy, but the steak the best in town. I thought the 1930 ish decor was enchanting and the food even better.
The place had a cozy atmosphere and must people seemed to know each other. According to our guide , the waiters all chipped in and bought the place back in the 60´s.
The meat came quickly and melted in my mouth. The torta and creme remembered its aleman roots . Fresh and home made. The restaurant was started as a German eatery back in 1924.

You can park for free, right in the middle of the street , across from Logoa