“Stylish, buzzy Rio restaurant with attention to detail and excellent service”
Review of Satyricon

Satyricon
Ranked #89 of 13,710 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Bermuda
“Stylish, buzzy Rio restaurant with attention to detail and excellent service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited for my niece's birthday and the entrance with its raw bar and the decor is very impressive. Our food was very good - my sister had the fish cooked in salt which is a specialty which was superb and the food relied on the intrinsic taste rather than fussy cooking. Service impeccable and wine selection was one of the best of our visits in Rio. I would give it 4.5 out of 5. I cannot comment on the cost as my sister was paying, except to assume that it is pretty expensive even by Rio standards.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Good location, tasty food, average staff”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Location and welcome.
Very nice facade, doorman welcomes you, you walk trough a nice bar with a welcoming woman taking your reservation You walk past several tanks of fresh lobster and seafood. There's even a really nice section with a lot of fresh fish on ice and a man making sushi.. Another waiter takes you to your table. Everybody greets you with a smile. Main room is nice, spacey and with dimmed lights. In the far back you have a garden style room with more tables. We chose one in the main room against the wall.

Staff
Staff is friendly and speaks some English, enough for them to understand what you are ordering, and any inquiries. But, we got the wine map first without the menu, which made it difficult to choose a wine to go with your meal, in fact, we didn't get the menu at all, I had to go and get a couple after waiting 15 minutes, and almost drinking a glass of wine. No worries, as long as the food is good, this is merely a small bump in the road. Another small minus for me is that after initial wine testing, they didn't fill up our wineglasses. Never seen this before in this type of restaurant. But, what the hell...

Menu and food
Wow, large menu with Italian food, pastas, seafood and meat. They even had sushi, some really expensive sushi, which I bet is really good. We were more keen on some good South American meat so I went with a sirloin with tagliatelle and my girlfriend went with a steak in pepper-sauce.

Food came quite quickly, but what an awful presentation. My plate was just filled with a creamy tagliatelle and a steak. My GF got her filet, with dry french fries, pepper sauce on the side and green peas. Looked like any random street cafe plate of meat, but I have to say, it tasted really good. I just wish they did more with the presentation to make it more appealing.

All in all a good experience, but too expensive for what you get, quality wise. And they charged us for the bread couvert, some 15 dollars a head or something. Maybe this is usual, but I like to know what I'm paying for especially when it seems to be free.

We paid roughly 120 USD for two main courses and two cheap glasses of wine.
Don't think we'll come back, don't get me wrong, It's a great restaurant, but I like Guiseppe's in Leblon sooo much better.

• Visited February 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Personal Attention to allergy”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We tried Satyricon because we expected that their service would be above and beyond and that they could address our daughter's special need for a gluten free meal with no cross contamination. The restaurant delivered! Paulo took such good care of us that we went back a second time during our two week stay in Rio. He made sure her food was separately prepared. Our dinners were delicious. The place is also very upbeat and fun!

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Average food, over priced”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended to try this establishment and was told it was one of Rio's finest seafood restaurants. Granted it was a Monday night, the restaurant was fairly empty and didn't have the "happening" vibe I had expected of a fine dining restaurant.

Tried a variety of food, all of which we found rather average. The appetizers were disappointing and a lot of what we ordered (and recommendations we received from our waiter) were lost in translations.

Having said that, I do recommend the Grilled Tuna (ordered medium rare), though the sides that came with it could have been better.

The annoying part was the head waiter constantly trying to get us to order the most expensive items on the menu and claiming how it was the best thing to get.

R$ 800 for 3 people included a moderately priced bottle of wine, 3 cocktails, appetizers and entrees. Not impressed with the food, we decided not to try the deserts.

1 Thank Vahgar
New York City, New York
“Ahhh, the sigh your mouth will make”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Delicious. Delicious. Delicious.

This is the only restaurant that I have been to where they bring you a whole table of hors d'oeuvres before handing you the food menu!!! Genius!!!!

The food was...delicious. Fresh and local food. I was most impressed by the list of Brazilian wine. Who knew Brazil produced such good product. We started with a white, followed by a red. Again...delicious.

This place is expensive but it was the best meal with had while in Rio!

Visited October 2012