“Busy Cute Yummy little Bakery”
Review of The Bakers

The Bakers
Ranked #4 of 44 Bakeries in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian, Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Description: A Tradiditional and Charming Bakery established in the heart of Copacabana. For 20 years serving tourists and "cariocas" with the best breakfast, lunch or Sandwiches and Quiches. Also, our pastry was chosen one of the best in Rio.
“Busy Cute Yummy little Bakery”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast July 2014. The storefront was so pretty with lots of cakes, a good number of pastries and sandwiches on display. Seating is located at the back of the bakery - has 20tables or so and is packed on a Sat morning. Ordered egg white omelet with cheese and ham- was so good! The omelet was super moist and the ham, cheese was a generous serving. The cappuccino was strange though - loads of undissolved cinnamon powder at the bottom. I choked a few times due to the powder.

• Hebrew first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Details counts: not the best day!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I believe we must write about what we experience in a place, in the day you go to that place. That said, I really thought that The Bakers would be better, and I also think they are better than they were today.
I ate today a salad that, as far as I remember is called Long Island. It had pasta, pesto, lettuce, sliced almonds, and it was a nice plate, even though I'm not many carbohydrates lately...and I wasn't expecting those carbos...
If the waiter had paid more attention, she would've helped more.
They offer free wifi, but it wasn't working today.
To complete my "half salad", which was huge and I even asked the waiter if that was really a "half portion", I ordered a portion of roast beef, to go with that " half" thing...
That also came with bread ( see those carbos again haunting me...).

When I finished, the plate stayed in the table for more than 20 minutes. And I was with my notebook, working. I had to remove it from near me, to work again after I finished. Not nice...

An when I asked for the bill, they charged me for the whole salad, not half of it.
Good luck to me as I asked the waiter if that was really a half salad, when it arrived.
When the bill came, he remembered the episode, and fixed that mistake.

All that said, I will come back, and I know that will be a better experience.

But before, let me say: I paid R$48, for a "half salad", a portion of roast beef and a Coke Zero.
Very expensive for what it is.
R$35 was what it was worth, I suppose.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“They learned well from their grandpa”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

What a great place to eat lunch, a snack, buy challa or order cakes. The owners learned from grandpa Kurt, a Viennese who came to Brazil escaping the war, how to bake wonders. Ordered a savory palm heart and cheese tart, as well as a wonderful chocolate cake for a birthday celebration. They were gorgeous and delicious. Not to be missed when in Rio and in Copacabana.

“Incredibly good breakfast”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We had the Light Breakfast. The papaya was so yummy. I loved the croissant and the yogurt with honey and granola. The fresh-squeezed OJ was the best I've ever had. The service was impeccable. We will come back later to sample their desserts that look delicious.

“Excellent breakfast spot”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Just around the corner from the Marriott hotel in Copacabana is this little hideaway. Fresh baked pastries, light breakfast and free wi-fi. Perfect place for a quick meal before we walked to Ipanema Beach.