“Excellent Lunch”

Restaurante Aprazivel
Ranked #88 of 13,948 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Teresa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were recommended here by our hotel concierge and we were not disappointed. We wanted to try everything on the menu but were only 2 people. Everything we did order was great and everything people around us had looked great! We recommend it highly!

1  Thank drnappy

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The restaurant offers excellent food and views. Definitely better choice than Tereze restaurant in the same neighborhood. Service was excellent in my case. English is not widely spoken by waiters, but they have dedicated people who can help with the translation.

Tables outside are mostly for four people. I was reserving 2 months in advance, as the place is quite popular.

1  Thank AdventurerHamburg
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Diner with a view and a nice interior.
Really good food.
Price is high but worth it. Nice for kids to go.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to Aprazível with a group of 12 foreigners (I'm Brazilian). Everything regarding the food was excellent! Absolutely delicious!

However, the service wasn't good from the beginning. They brought things we didn't order, charged them in the bill later, were confused all the time about the orders (that I did in Portuguese, so no reason for that).

But the worst was yet to come. We asked them to call some cabs, and to tell us when we should go upstairs to leave the place and to wait for the cabs. The waiter told me and we left. After 10 minutes, the first cab showed up. I confirmed with the driver that other cabs were coming. Nothing happened for the next 15 minutes. We were lucky to get two cabs from people that were getting there. However, we still needed one more, so I entered the restaurant again and asked them where the cabs were.

A young guy that was the host said that we shouldn't be waiting outside, and that the cabs were coming. I said the waiter told us to wait there, and he was very unpolite saying that I should've talked to him. His attitude was unbelievable. I told him there was no way for me to know that in advance, and he kept his attitude until the end. Eventually, the cab showed up and - surprise - it was the same first cab! We waited until the driver went to Copacabana with the first group and finally got back. And apparently, that was their plan since the beginning!

The total waiting time for the cab was 1h15min. And I could have called the cab myself, if I had known that before...

Again, the food there is fantastic, absolutely delicious. However, in an upscale restaurant like this, a poor service should not be even considered as an option.

3  Thank Eduardo W
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Bit pricey for Santa Theresa but food, service and location was great! Recommend to anyone going to rio!

1  Thank Ben K