My boyfriend and I spent only one day here - we rode the 6 hour bus leaving São Paulo Tietê Terminal at 8am on Saturday, arrived around 1:30pm at Parati Terminal, had lunch at Cafe Parati, got a taxi for R$70 (flat fee, 20 minute ride ) from the the plaza in downtown Parati and checked in around 2pm, then checked out at noon on Sunday. The pousada is really beautiful, especially being in the mountains and the forest, we saw a variety of beautiful butterflies, 2 huge frogs, and one huge lizard in the middle of the road, and waterfalls in a stunning natural environment on the property! We rented the luxury bungalow, which was very well decorated with a romantic, natural feel, also it was so private (we really enjoyed the Jacuzzi in the room) and relaxing that we had our patio doors open and didn't have to worry about a thing. All day the birds were singing...overall, we were really glad that we chose this place for our only night rather than staying in Parati downtown - it is the closest you can reach nature in a tourist town. We also enjoyed the breakfast and dinner at the restaurant on site called Flor de Sal, we had home-made chicken with heart of palm in a Brazilian sauce - excellent meal with reasonable prices (much better value than eating in Parati). The whole experience was great for us, getting away from the boring city and being able to enjoy each other in nature. The waterfall was beautiful, although it was too cold for us to jump in, and the bridge was taken down after a storm flooded it, we were able to cross the river and still enjoyed walking the short trail and get our feet wet in the natural waterfall pool.
We were really happy with this pousada - staff was great. The reasons I didn't give it a full rating are:
1) Although we didn't have to use the internet, the wi-fi didn't work, there was wif-fi but we couldn't get it to work (my boyfriend is a computer engineer so we know for sure it didn't work);
2) Due to understandable reason of being in a humid, hard-to-keep environment, the tennis court was not in good enough condition for us to use tennis, which was what we wanted to do.
3) The Jacuzzi worked great and we loved the soap and bubble bath products they provided. However, the shower didn't work well at all, it was hooked up with 4 large propane cans, but we got either really hot or really cold water, and just couldn't get it to work at the right temperature.
4) There were lots of bugs flowing in the other pool so we just sat by it, it was really pretty though. I think they do clean it on a daily basis because the following morning, the big bugs were gone, so bugs probably constantly fall into the pool - again due to the natural setting of this place in the mountains...
We would definitely go back, however, I though it would be fair to mention couple of things they can improve, for the price tag they charge. If you are not particularly picky, like us, and have expection for these few minor issues, you will not be disappointed with Pousada Bromélias. It was a very unique, pleasant, relaxing and romantic weekend for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada Bromelias In a 500.000m2 area, with only 10 bungalows completely independent and apart from the social areas, you will find comfort and privacy. A hideaway place with tranquility and peace for you to relax and renew your energies: This is Pousada Bromelias. Built in harmony with the nature, inside the Atlantic Forest, you will find a diverse and amazing scenery with native flora, many kinds of trees, rare bird species and few small native animals that can be seen everywhere. Social Areas:>> Bar and Restaurant>> Tennis Court>> Swimming pool - Adult and Children>> Natural Pool by the waterfall and Waterfall>> Sauna by the waterfall>> Lounge with game room>> Spa for Body Treatments>> Spa for Ofuro Baths>> Parking lot>> WI-FI>> Pool and Beach towels are provided ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pousada Bromelias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Bromelias Paraty, Brazil