Hotel Pousada Guarana
$82
$57
$55
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Bambu Bamboo(Paraty)(Great Value!)
$50
Pousada do Sandi(Paraty)
$136
$133
Travelocity
$114
$87
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I would love to just echo what everyone else has said. We stayed at Guarana two years ago, and David and Jimena even remembered us! For our one year anniversary we wanted to return because it was such a lovely experience before. But, this trip even topped the last trip, if that's even possible. David and Jimena make you feel like you are the only guests. Every day David sat with my husband and I to help us make our plans. Even though it was Carnival week and the city was packed, he helped us find nearly deserted beaches. It was the most romantic trip I've ever been on. The food is great, the staff is great, and I love that they allow their pets to roam. Being at Guarana is like being at home. We hated to leave. I would especially recommend this pousada to foreigners because David and Jimena can help you feel confident to go out on your own. I've lived in Brazil for five years, and this is the best pousada that my husband and I have stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2010

It's boring to repeat what everyone else has said but I will anyway. This really was the lovliest place we stayed in our 3 weeks in brazil. David and Jimena are so welcoming and David always took the time to check we were ok, if we needed any help with our plans for the next day and always happy to offer advice of how to get to places. Breakfast was lovely but unfortunately this meant that every breakfast after pousada guarana was a bit dissapointing. Lovely fruit, yummy cinnamon bananas, really nice bread. We stayed 5 nights and it felt like you could have a bit of variety with breakfast each morning. Everywhere else was a bit of fruit and a cheese and ham sandwich...for 2 and a halfweeks! We really liked the room and was surprised Loney Planet rate it as basic. All rooms in this price range are basic in that you get a bed, fridge, tv and bathroom, but our room in pousada guarana was nice in a rustic way with nice homely touches. Pool and breakfast area is really nice, and we also spent a fair amount of time in the hammocks. It's good to have that space out of your room, especially if it's raining, which we found it often was. Location was a way away, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay right in old town, too busy (although we were there in peak season). We didn't mind the walk except sometimes when it was bucketing down I wished we were a few steps from a restaurant. We never felt unsafe walking home and the good thing is there are a couple of restaurants sort of halfway to town if you weren't in the mood for the full walk in. As you may have gathered, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Pousada Guarana is a very special place. The owners David and Jimena are absolutely fantastic, and together with the staff this is the friendliest pousada we've ever experienced! As soon as we stepped inside, we felt like a part of the 'Guarana family'. David gave us a map with loads of tips of what to do and things to see, and there were bikes that we could use at all times. The breakfast was really great as well, with lots of homemade bread, cakes and loads of lush fruits. David was even so sweet that he gave us a lift to the city center when we were leaving!!! And the best thing is, you get all this and more for the same price as a poor downtown hostel!!! Thanks ever so much for a great stay, we will definitely come back when in Paraty!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Pousada Guarana was a pleasure to stay at. The service provided by the staff was incredible, especially given the price level of this hotel. Everyone on the staff is very friendly, but just as important, very helpful. No matter what you need, it seems the sole goal of the hotel is to make sure they assist you and take care of your needs. The only negatives - far from downtown (1.5km, compensated by free bike rentals), and a little too much muzak is on tap at the pool. No matter - this pousada is highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2010

I went to Parati with my mom. We're from Brazil, but we've never been there, and I must say that we were just lucky to have choosen such a wonderful place to spend our time.
The owners, David and Jimena and all the staff were very carefull with us. It seens that they won't take a rest till they make you fell welcome and well assisted!
Another positive point, in my opinion was the decoration and the gardens with lots of tropical and coloured flowers and plants, and the owner's pets are also very lovely and friendly. What to say about the breakfast? Well, I'm speechless... This place is a burst of life and good energies!
Due to my proffesion I've been traveling regularly around Brazil and tried many different and expensive hotels, but for the very first time I haven't felt just like "another guest" in a patterned place.
I wish I could have stayed more time. Incredible!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family