It's boring to repeat what everyone else has said but I will anyway. This really was the lovliest place we stayed in our 3 weeks in brazil. David and Jimena are so welcoming and David always took the time to check we were ok, if we needed any help with our plans for the next day and always happy to offer advice of how to get to places. Breakfast was lovely but unfortunately this meant that every breakfast after pousada guarana was a bit dissapointing. Lovely fruit, yummy cinnamon bananas, really nice bread. We stayed 5 nights and it felt like you could have a bit of variety with breakfast each morning. Everywhere else was a bit of fruit and a cheese and ham sandwich...for 2 and a halfweeks! We really liked the room and was surprised Loney Planet rate it as basic. All rooms in this price range are basic in that you get a bed, fridge, tv and bathroom, but our room in pousada guarana was nice in a rustic way with nice homely touches. Pool and breakfast area is really nice, and we also spent a fair amount of time in the hammocks. It's good to have that space out of your room, especially if it's raining, which we found it often was. Location was a way away, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay right in old town, too busy (although we were there in peak season). We didn't mind the walk except sometimes when it was bucketing down I wished we were a few steps from a restaurant. We never felt unsafe walking home and the good thing is there are a couple of restaurants sort of halfway to town if you weren't in the mood for the full walk in. As you may have gathered, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Guarana a place of quiet and beauty For the past ten years we have tried to create a place for traveler's to get away from the hustle of daily life, or a place to relax and recharge after traveling through the big cities of Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. Our hotel caters perfectly for small groups of friends, honeymooners, or couple's getaway. Here you will find quiet corners to chat or relax surrounded by lush gardens and hummingbirds sipping flower to flower. There will likely be a furry friend to keep you company as well should you desire. We want our guests to have the best experience possible. From beaches to waterfalls, fine dining to outdoor adventure, we can help you to the best our lovely town has to offer. Your hosts, David & Jimena ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Pousada Guarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Guarana Paraty
- Pousada Guarana Hotel Paraty
- Hotel Pousada Guarana Paraty, Brazil