Pousada Casario
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsa great place to staythe ownermauriciobreakfastbrazil
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A bit outside the old centre, this brand new super clean and comfy pousade has everything to relax after a day in the oldtown, the beach or a boat. Considering the price by far the best deal and hospitality you can find!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 10, 2014

As noted by others, there are very many pousadas in Paratay, although we found showing up without a reservation in January was not a good idea. Consequently, we stayed several places. Casario had wonderful breakfasts, greats hosts who spoke English well and who were amusing, and helpful. Most importantly for a record-breaking summer heat wave, the air conditioning and wi fi consistently and reliably worked, unlike the place down the street which cost more. It's an ecologically aware pousada, with solar energy and a stunning garden area. I would have given it a perfect rating except for the smallish rooms and that I would have liked a swimming pool.

If you go, check out the boutique of vintage clothes down the street. There is no sign, but the woman sits outside drinking with her friends from about 4-7 p.m., and they are a blast and the clothes are a good deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Casario in mid-December 2013. We loved our time in Paraty and surrounds, and for us, the Casario was a wonderful place to stay. Of the small inns and guest houses I've stayed in over the years, I can think of none which offers better value.

The garden is peaceful and colourful, the breakfast is first-rate, and our room was comfortable without being luxurious. (And the air con worked very well.) The Casario has well-made and beautiful wooden stairs, doors and trim, and Maurício and Anita have used local crafts for imaginative accents. They were courteous and helpful hosts, and we all enjoyed our conversations.

Would happily return to both Paraty for a longer stay, and if we do, we will return to the Casario.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pros:
(a) Location - It is both easy access to the highway (5 min drive) and to the historic centre (10-15 min walking) - I tried to find a place that is easy for parking and driving as well as not too far from the historic centre (where pavement is also "historic"), and this pousada is a good option if you consider the same.
(b) Property - It is new and nicely decorated (especially garden)
(c) Service - The owner couple provide a good and helpful service (and not too formal).
(d) Food - high quality breakfast (try scrambled egg)

Cons:
(a) Room - could be a bit noisy if you get a room toward the road (sometimes parked car outside made huge alarming noise and bothered sleeping)
(b) Amenities - no shampoo and shower gels (but soaps are provided)
(c) Facilities - it is a small and cozy pousada so do not expect a pool

Room Tip: Rooms not toward to the entrance would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freqtravelbiz
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I really really like this place. There are myrias pousadas from which to choose in Paraty, but I felt what really sets Casario apart is that it is situated in a quiet residential area, away from the hubbub of the old town but maybe only a 10 minute walk away. I think the place is either recently remodeled or recently built, because everything is brand new and so clean! Anita and Mauricio, the inn keepers, are wonderful. They were always there to answer questions and help with tourist advice, translations, etc. The breakfast was always delicious and the overall vibe here is just very chill and laid-back. I guess my only very minor complaint is the request for more than 5 TV channels--I know, that's really lame. It was nothing a good beer and good couldn't fix. Obrigada for everything, Anita!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013