“Fantastic Trip with Raul...A must!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Raul Sampaio Horses4u
Ranked #2 of 145 things to do in Paraty
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Horseback riding by the Atlantic Forest. Personalized tours for one person or groups. Full day tour up to mountains and special sceneries. Pick up at your place, optional waterfall and visit to distillery. Horses for all levels of experience and previous class instructions for beginners.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip with Raul...A must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Upon travelling in Brazil we contacted Raul to arrange a 3 hour Jungle and distillery trip stopping at water falls along the way. Raul kept in touch with me until the day of the trip as I was concerned about the weather, just to make sure we had a lovely sunny day.

We where picked up outside our hotel by Raul's friend while Raul prepared the horse's back at the ranch. Upon on arrival at the ranch we where introduced to Raul and the horse's, we explained to Raul we had ridden before but where not experts at riding, he reassured us and said not to worry we'll go at our own pace.

First of all we trekked through the hills and jungle to a gorgeous waterfall where we tied the horse's to trees while we jumped in the natural pool to refresh and got massaged under the waterfall, then we trekked high through the hills to the distillery where we had a tour to see how the drinks where made, also tasting, then after getting abit tipsy we headed back down through the hills also crossing a river which was really deep which give the horse's chance to cool off.

Along the trek we Galloped....the horse's where brilliant...really trustworthy!

After we got back to the Ranch, we jumped in Rauls 35 year old Beattle Car so he could take us back to the hotel....this was an experience on its own.

This was by far our best experience in Brazil, and cant wait to go back and do it again.

Raul is very experienced rider and is such a nice guy, thanks for giving us the best experience in Brazil!

Visited November 2013

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful horseback ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

It was one of my best experience in Brazil:
We went through the forest and cross a river till a waterfall. Landscapes are beautiful.
Raoul is very nice and very well prepared.

Visited December 2013
Doha, Qatar
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A wonderful day with a great guy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

It was one of our best Christmas ever.
We found Raul through TripAdvisor.
He came to pick us up from our hotel and brought us to his "farm"; I have to admit we felt a little bit scared on the road cause he was driving to a poor area of the city. Than after 15 min we got there and our adventure began.

It was amazing! Not nice: AMAZING!!!
My wife had absolutely no experience with horses and she loved it.
He tied a rope from his horse to hers and guided her most of the time, she felt safe and had great time. He took us in the middle of the jungle for 4 hrs. We visited waterfalls, we had a bath in a river and crossed the river with our horses. It was an incredible day and an unforgettable experience!
I would definitely do it again.
Jordan&Fedi

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Highly recommend - a true horseman ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I met & rode with Raul in November. We are only novice riders, riding once every 5 years, but from the outset Raul was subtly educating us as to how horses think and what they need, and importantly how they will react to us. It was brilliant - not only interesting but it built our confidence and knowledge as well.

When we arrived to the stables - Raul's "office" - we were even more impressed. What an amazing home for the horses - it's no wonder they all glow - you can tell they are his top priority. They look so healthy & happy; you can tell R understands them well.

I've always loved horses but I found a new appreciation for them and took much away from the day.

I rode She-mango - a really beautiful, placid giant. A picture to look at - he knew he was handsome but was still the perfect riding companion. My partner rode Cigano - also very well behaved and they were soon best friends.

The different type of terrain covered - well you'll see it when you go. There are multiple river crossings, rain forest walks, steep inclines & declines - you'll be surprised. It made the ride really interesting though.

In summary, you'd struggle to meet a nicer guy than Raul. I know you wouldn't meet a guy that knows any more about horses.... and super cheap! Do yourself a favour and stop reading more reviews and book with Raul and have not only a brilliant day, but learn and take something away as well.

I'm know I'm much better equipped for the next time I do an amateur horse ride next time I'm somewhere on holidays. Thanks Raul!

Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horse trek with Gato!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the first review I have written on trip advisor, despite using the website a lot. This is a must when coming to Paraty! Its more than just a trip on a horse, the dense jungle, swim in the water hole, a massage under a small but powerful waterfall, a swing to drop into the water to say hello! Such a great day. Gato will teach you about the plants and animals and he will make you laugh a lot....maybe you will get to burn around in his beetle too. Be sure to meet him and his lovely horses. His confidence on his horse and his faith in you and his horses makes you feel as ease when riding. Thanks Gato!! Emma and Katrina :)