The pousada is amazing! In terms of location - if you are looking to stay at the historic center - it does not get any better. The hotel dependencies are beautiful, they are a monument on their on, and definitely keep you on the "colonial vibe". Service in Paraty is great in general but the hotel staff is extra friendly and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and poolside meals and drinks are great too. The pool side area has an atmosphere of its own, enjoy it after a sauna. For room service you have the option of ordering from Punto Di Vino, which is an amazing restaurant very close to the pousada.
The only two considerations I have are:
1. The bathroom amenities could be improved, the soaps and towels seemed bellow hotel standards, but nothing critical.
2. We stayed at the hotel during carnaval break, the parades will get noisy enough and keep you up at night. Ask in advance for rooms that do not face the street. You wont get a "view" but you guarantee a good night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the middle of cobblestone streets and horse-drawn carriages you can find the 18th-century colonial house: Pousada do Ouro. Translated as "Guesthouse of Gold," it lies directly at the waterfront at the historical centre of Paraty. There are 27 nicely decorated rooms: All have air conditioning, minibar, telephone, LCD TV, safe and hair dryer. Pousada do Ouro also offers a pool, sauna, spa, bar, pool table, TV and DVD room, assembly room, wi-fi and own parking facility. Break free from your routine and come to see Paraty! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Pousada do Ouro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Ouro Paraty, Brazil