“Best food we ate in Brazil”

Restaurante Caminho Do Ouro
Ranked #7 of 1,013 Restaurants in Paraty
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic City Center
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Some locals told us to east here and it was really perfect in my opinion. The food was fresh, well cooked and seasoned. My husband had the best steak he had all trip and my fish with vietnamese paper rolls was delicious. Every mouthful was amazing. Even the bread basket was innovative and delicious. Service was charming.
Should be no 1 in my opinion.
Was no more expensive than anywhere else in Paraty but much better food and very chic interior too.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok, so our first night in Paraty was supposed to start well with a nice dinner and after having read reviews here on tripadvisor as well as being recommended by a local, we ended up at this restaurant. Now I don't know if it is because we live in Italy and have easy access to fresh fish in the sea regions or if the disappointment was related to the fact that we did not come to Brazil to eat European-style dishes.

The choice in the end is our fault but spending a lot of money for food that does not go above average culinary isn't! Yes, they do make nice food, the quality is high and the fish is very fresh but thats about it!

We came to Paraty from a small sea village to the south of the city and had amazing traditional Brazilian food for half the money.

Taste is as individual as the choice of kitchen you prefer but we came to Brazil to eat Brazilian food and we sure did not find it here. This place is suitable for tourists or rich Brazilians that are willing to pay a lot of money for fresh fish cooked in a European style...the choice is yours!

5  Thank Glam B
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I kissed the (lady) chef!
Wonderful food, best restaurant we found in three weeks touring!
Ate two meals, wish I could be there now, outstanding food.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Great food, with a modern touch - good option to the otherwise quite repetitive food in the region. The filet mignon with jaboticaba (a local fruit) is highly recommended!

1  Thank m r
Reviewed January 21, 2013

At last a really first class meal in Brazil cooked by a young lady chef with great skill across all the courses. We had read about this restaurant here on Tripadvisor and it was strongly recommended by staff in an adjacent shop selling Brazilian tribal artisanal work. The restaurant looks good with a pleasant eclectic arrangement of tables and differing chairs, each table set with attractively different glasses. The menu is in Portuguese with good clear English translation. And the attentive waiter also spoke sufficient good English to help us.
The chicken and corn soup was substantial and full of flavour. My palm heart salad sauté with pesto was tender and tasty. We both had a favourite of lobster tail served with a side dish of rice creamed as the most delicious risotto and with a sauté of fine mixed small vegetables that was perfectly cooked. I could eat no more though my partner went for the pineapple mille feuille which was crispy and delicious. Chef has a way with dessert. The total for all this, a coffee (also excellent creme espresso), two local beers and a caipirinha was Rs 290.
Throughout we had pleasant attentive helpful service. We loved it all. Best food after nearly three weeks in Brazil.