“They took back my hat!”
Review of Paraty 33

Paraty 33
Ranked #41 of 1,004 Restaurants in Paraty
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic City Center
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The place definitely had a NYC bar feel. I was able to get my favorite basic drink and tried another great drink that I still do not know what is was. The staff was energetic and great. They gave me a leprechaun hat that they later took back =(. Besides that, the french fries was amazing and drinks were so good. I would make it my general go to spot when I return to Paraty.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We arrived and waited 15 minutes to order without receiving any menu. The music was loud and didn´t allow us to talk although nobody was dancing. When we went to leave we weren´t only charged for service but also for the terrible music. When we said we wouldn´t pay the thug waiters began to threaten us saying that we weren´t going anywhere. We tried to calmly reason with them, but they were very intimidating and very rude to us. Finally a manager (owner?) came out and said we could just pay for the cocktails and service charge and basically told us to get the F out. Never in my life have I been treated this poorly in a restaurant. DONT GO!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

St. Patrick's Day in Paraty 33 is just as extravagant as it is in the United States. My group arrived at Paraty 33 around 8pm for drinks. The staff definitely went above and beyond with the decorations inside and outside of the bar. The wait staff even wore leprechaun hats. Prices of the drinks and food in general were expensive. When we ordered our desserts and drinks, we were given a card, which was swiped on their ticketing system and basically tracked the number of menu items that we ordered. To pay, we had to make sure we hand the card to the cashier. There was a band that played music, but to our surprise, the music wasn't suitable for dancing, so for the most part, we sat with our drinks and talked. One of the wait staff was incredibly nice and hilarious. He gave us green balloons to blow up and we all started hitting the balloons into the air and to one another. Sometimes, the balloons popped and the wait staff jokingly blamed it on one of our members in the group. It was definitely hilarious watching it happen. Overall, I had a good time for the most part that St. Patrick's Day.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went to Paraty 33 last night, early evening about 7pm, no entry charge at that time, but not impressed at all, my cocktail did not taste of Malibu Orange or Passion Fruit - more like a yoghurt drink, my boyfriends Cocktail did not taste of Vodka I think they just use local Cachaca in everything. Then you have to go to the back to pay, where there is a surly looking bouncer standing over the till, they apply a service charge for 2 drinks which is not stated on the menu and don't dare quibble as the staff are quite intimidating. Lots more friendlier bars just a few doors away. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Group of 4 of us were forced to pay twice. Once we did just to leave the staff jumped two of our friends and would not let the third leave even though the wait staff agreed he already paid. Also be wary of an overweight waitress from NJ....will try and over sell and then say you did not pay.

2  Thank Simze13

Been to Paraty 33? Share your experiences!