“Fantastic!!!”

Ranked #6 of 260 Specialty Lodging in Paraty
Bondi, Australia
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hostel is amazing! so much fun and the band that plays at night is so cool and chilled-great vibe! The rooms are great with your own bathroom and the hostel is very cool, with a small little plunge pool. The staff are extremely helpful and make your stay there a lot easier, they inform you of bike tours and boat rides, and are happy to organise trips for you! Gustavo at reception was particularly helpful with telling us about what paraty had to offer! Great hostel, highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lucia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Che legarto is a very nice place. Everynight they offer a meal at a very good price. Breakfast is good. The staff is very nice and kind. Rooms have AC and are clean. There is one locker for everyone in the room. There are additional lockers to store your valuables. It's a 10 minute walk from the historic center (well located).

• Stayed January 2013
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 29, 2012

At first sight it looks a nice hostel. We had a 3 person room which was really great with airco, refridgerator, nice bathroom. They even offer a massage etc.

At some point we couldn't order caipirinha because the bartender run out of glasses...
Later on he closed the bar because he also run out of beer. At some point it looked like he had the beer.

Think twice what clothes you give when you use the laundry service.
We got some damaged clothes back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was there a few days and I had an awesome time, the staff was very friendly and ready to help in any way.
I was traveling by myself and there I met a few people and we share activities and even travel and met in Rio after Paraty, definitely a place to have fun and meet new international friends.
Special 5 stars for Candelaria at the Kitchen
Junior at the bar
and los chilenos del front desk.
Gracias

Room Tip: Get a private room with your own bathroom is not too much of a difference in price and is worth it t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Santos, SP
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I drove the 6 hours to paraty from Santos in the south. We found a brilliantly bright and clean small guest house with a large garden and swimming pool. The staff spoke English and were exceptionally friendly and efficient. There was upwards of 50 younger people than us. We are in our 60s but most were 20s and 30s. Breakfast was help yourself and sit outside under cover in the garden. At night an excellent meal as much as you could eat for around 20Rs per person. trips were also arranged from the door. all in all an excellent week and at the price, value for money ! Would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Sharing makes the price much cheaper !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in November and really enjoyed the location right next to the "Old City" and the waterfront. The garden, seating, pool and bar area created a cool oasis and a nice place for breakfast, dinner and to just chill out or use the wi-fi to catch up with family and friends.
The reception crew and bar staff made us very welcome (even though were the oldest there by about 30 years!) and helped greatly with tour information and bookings.
The private room/bathroom was more than adequate. The air conditioning worked well and the showers were hot. The hostel was quiet late at night so sleeping was good. Breakfast was plentiful and good variety and the nightly dinners were delicious and great value!
The beers were icy cold and the Caparinhas beautiful and delivered with great panache by the talented barman who could juggle and twirl like a champion!
Highly recommended, even for us oldies!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Londres, Reino Unido
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was in Che Lagarto from the 10th and 11th of November, as it was recommended to me as a very nice hostel, which it was apart from a receptionist speaking castellano/spanish (curly brown hair) that made my stay half of the "nice" that it could be.
She looked at me ungry when I gave her a 50 reais note to pay for 2 drinks...I said sorry, I really didn't have the change but she just looked at me ungry without saying a word a gave the change back....which I understand if you running out of money at the tills BUT in another situation I went to her just to let her know that the ladies toilet was really dirty, she just stared at me and said nothing!!! as if is none of her business, and the third time, which I considered the worst, I went to her to ask for a "fronha" she said: what's a fronha?????I said a pillowcase please, as I realised I slept without one in the previous night (I already wasn't too happy about that) and THEN, the miss sympathy comes back with something nicely folded, but only to me to find out when I was back in the room that it was a used pillowcase smelling bad of some one else sweat!!!! Disgusting!!!! Sooooo, yes, she pissed me of and for that I wasn't so happy at Che Lagarto in Paraty...everything else was ok!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple