“Incredible place”
Review of Shambhala Asian Day Spa - CLOSED

Shambhala Asian Day Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shambhala is an Asian Day Spa, offering a stress reducing, beauty enhancing and mind relaxing experience. Every aspect of Shambhala Spa has been designed to soothe - from fragrances in the enriched air and the mood music wafting quietly, to the muted colors of the interior, the natural materials and the fluffiness of freshly laundered towels. You can enjoy your treatments inside our stylish spa, get a relaxing massage in one of the oriental gazebos in our Balinese garden, or just sit and relax and enjoy the view. Shambhala Asian Day Spa is located at 10 minutes walk from the historical center of Paraty, with a beautiful view on the mountains and the Jabaquara bay.
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Couldn't agree more with all the other comments here - this was the best spa I've been to in my life and the best massage. I was staying in Paraty after carnival and was in much need of a relaxing evening. The therapists were lovely and knowledgeable, whilst the spa owner was also professional and helpful. They fit us in with very short notice, and treated us so well I didn't want to go home after! Thanks again :)

Hans N, Owner at Shambhala Asian Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

Thank you for the raving review, we are happy to hear that we made you feel relaxed and re-energized after days of Brazilian Carnaval. We hope you'll come back to Paraty one day, there's still lots to see and do - and of course we'll be there for you for the well deserved finishing touch:)

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"honeymoon"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2017

Not much to say other than this is quite literally the best spa I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot. The staff / therapists are wonderful. The setting is incredible. My husband and I were on our honeymoon so we booked the honeymoon ritual. It was gorgeous. The massage was intense and relaxing - the body scrub was fab and the champagne hot tub with views to the sea in the distance after was the ultimate. We loved it so much we came back from a further massage two days later. It was again possibly the best massage I've ever had - I like a very firm massage and too often I find I'm disappointed. Not here. The whole place has a serenity about it - the staff seem very passionate about what they do, it's more than a job and you can tell. Finally - it is extraordinarily good value for money. I wish I had a place like this near where I live in London I would go all the time.

Priscila N, Owner at Shambhala Asian Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Oh well Sarah, what can we say about your review other than, thanks a lot and we are very glad to be part of your good memories!! Hope you both can come back for more one day! Best regards!!

Reviewed November 6, 2016

During my recent visit to the stunning town of Paraty I was lucky enough to be recommend the Shambhala Asian Day Spa by my hotel.
It's a piece of heaven on earth, such a stunning place with the loveliest staff members, who all took good care of me.
I had a massage, where the girl combined various massage techniques including the hot stone massage, and it simply was wonderful. I fully enjoyed my experience here and would love to return one day. Wishing the day spa all the success in years to come x

Priscila N, Owner at Shambhala Asian Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Dear Inga, thank you so much for your kind review. It was our pleasure to be part of your relaxing day. The Shambhala massage allows the therapists to use a combination of different techniques in order to make it special for each person. We hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed September 27, 2016

Very good massage (I had shiatsu and my wife had hot stone and they were both excellent) situated just a quick walk out of town (perfect to visit after going to the fort) and in a beautiful and tranquil setting.
Excellent value for money as well.
Go there!!!

Priscila N, Owner at Shambhala Asian Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Thanks for your comments Mr. Graham! We are glad to have offered you and your wife a good service. Yes, Paraty offers such beautiful settings and we are surrounded by gorgeous views. A perfect combination for a relaxing moment during your vacations!