“Best. Week. Ever.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilha Grande
The Island Experience
Ranked #74 of 96 Ilha Grande B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My week on Ilha Grande with The Island Experience was exactly what I needed! I came to Ilha Grande a very stressed and exhausted individual, and left a new person. Ilha Grande is an island of great challenges – “flat” is a relative term here, and the Island Experience’s detox diet takes a little bit of getting used to – but those challenges pay off with dividends. It’s not every day that most people get to snorkel in blue lagoons, kayak to remote beaches or swim in waterfalls. Morning yoga sessions while watching the sun rise over the bay are unforgettable, and the nightly massages are second to none. Incidentally, despite the initial hurdles, I managed to lose a decent amount of weight as a result of the detox diet.

Martin, Daniel, Adriana and the rest of the staff are some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met – they went out of their way to make everybody feel like part of the family. They offered encouraging words when you needed them, and the low staff to participant ratio accommodated individual needs - both increasing the challenge and scaling back as needed. While a faster hiker, I am a ridiculously slow kayaker, and I was never punished or made to feel like I was slowing the group down at any point.

A month after returning home, I feel like I am better prepared to take on the world. It isn’t so much a matter of “if” I will return to The Island Experience, but “when.”

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed June 4, 2010

I thought the name "The Island Experience" was a silly name but I was wrong-it was exactly an Island Experience and a great one. The location was gorgeous. We were on our own private beach and we hiked and kayaked to other beaches and parts of the rainforest one more beautiful than the next. The personal attention was unparalleled. There were nine guests and on each hike there were three guides so the faster hikers could go ahead with one guide and the slowest hikers (me) could be last without feeling like I was holding anyone up. We had yoga twice a day-again, all levels and every night, everyone got a massage. It was the most relaxing trip I have had. The second day while we were kayaking in the middle of the ocean, I noticed that I felt completely relaxed in a way I haven't in several years and I needed it. The staff was kind and knowledgeable giving us a history of the Island and the rainforest etc. We had dance lessons and if we wanted to paint, there were canvases and paints available. The food was healthy and delicious with no alcohol, caffeine or sugar-I am the first one to hate healthy food, but this was delicious and I felt great with lots of energy for all the activities and I needed it. It was amazing. I am definitely going to go again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Prepare for the ultimate adventure spa experience. Spiritual, Physical and Mental exclusivity bundled into one faboulous weekend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2010

the island experience truly exceeded my expectations. The staff were amazing, we were looked after incredibly well, the island is stunning and the program itself offered lots of variety. All in all an amazing experience which I'd recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Wonderful week with kind, genuine people. /the lodge is delightful and the staff the best I have ever met. Could not speak highly enough about my experience at the Island Experience.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 24, 2010

If you're looking to detox, recharge, and kickstart a new health/lifestyle program, this is the place for you. Jam-packed days filled with yoga, hiking, kayaking, complete with a 1 hour massage at the end of each day. Friendly staff will feel like family at the end of the week. A great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of your day-to-day life.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Very good food, great yoga lessons, good massages. The walks maybe a little strenous as you spend most of the time climbing. The guides and the owners are very nice people, always ready to help you along, always smiling.
I had a great time and I recomend the place for a healthy holidays

Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo