“wish i had read the other reviews before....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sitio do Lobo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ilha Grande
Sitio do Lobo
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Ilha Grande
napa valley
“wish i had read the other reviews before....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

I do not like to talk badly about people or places, trying to live by the maxim my mom taught me that "when I do not have something nice to say, say nothing" but this place demands that I speak up. My partner made the reservation here as we needed a break from the big city madness of Rio. It was to be a suprise for me, and it surely was!! This was my first trip to Ilha Grande (and I LOVE IT) - truly a magnificent place to unwind,k where 90% of the island is a nature preserve, fantastic hiking, surfing and beaches. A little weak on the dining and drinking options, but the escape to nature more than made up for it. Back to the pousada.. there is nothing that I can say about this place other than STAY AWAY!! The room was small, had a horrible smell (far worse than the typical trace of mildew) and the staff seemd to be bothered by our mere presence, let alone when we asked for information about which boats and beaches were best. Fortunately, my partner only paid in advance for one night (at a rate that I think is very high, even if the place was better) and we were able to find another pousada that was much more accomodating for the rest of our stay. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
16 Thank travellingshoes2009

Solo
Business
Rio de Janeiro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed in Sitio doLobo because I had seen amazing pictures about the place. I am Brazilian myself and thought I could save some money to go to this special place with my partner. Even though the place can be very beautiful to look at, there is not much to do apart from reading a book and being entertained by the thousands of moskitos on the island. The price is exhorbitant and the owners are not interested if you're happy or not. they want your money and are quite upfront about it. Boring and a rip-off, avoid. Have fun at Ilha Grande, there are a lot other places to stay. This is just pretentious.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
13 Thank goodtimes71

Travelers are raving about these Ilha Grande hotels

Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sitio do Lobo for our honeymoon and we couldn't have been more let down. The rooms were small and uncomfortable but the larger problem was the filth and stench of sewage. The owner was rude and treated his employees with disrespect which was uncomfortable and unsettling to watch. You're nickel-and-dimed for everything including an enormous boat fee if you want to leave the "resort" - which you will since there's NOTHING around the place and little to do. Meals are very simply - nothing great and portions are quite small for the number of people dining. Everything about this place was disappointing!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SueMNewYork
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

I was there a while ago but after reading the other comments I must add mine.

The owners only care about money!!!!!!!!! The service was terrible, the staff not interested, don`t go unless you have to.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the people/service/costs
  • Stayed July 2003
4 Thank Mulaka
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2008

Sitio do Lobo is not what we expected at all. If you are in the mood for a bed and breakfast feel this could be your place. Dinner was included and it was served buffet style and you had no say in what you ate. You are very isolated no town to walk to and the water taxi ride can get expensive. The accomodations were not that nice, the place needs an update.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meggiew
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2008

I've been quite a few times to Sitio do Lobo, and all I can say is that it's a stunning place, that makes you feel instantly relaxed. This is a small pousada, totally secluded, that can only be reached by boat, and the setting is absolutely gorgeous. Every time I come here I can't help but think how come a place like this exists only two hours away from crazy Rio de Janeiro. Ilha Grande is an island that once housed a penitentiary, and maybe that is why the place is still almost intact.
The rooms are tastefully decorated but they don't have TVs, internet and not even telephones. The food is typical brazilian food, and nothing more than that. So don't come here expecting that kind of service because you won't find it. This is a place for nature lovers. The scenery on this island is hard to describe. I guess you have to be really grumpy to be there and not have a good time.

• Liked — Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Not cheap
  • Stayed December 2005
2 Thank Frederico N
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

Well over priced and isolated.

we don't mind paying for comfort and an enjoyable experience. This is neither.

• Liked — scenary
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2007