“Disgusting food and horrible service”
Review of Kebab Lounge

Kebab Lounge
Ranked #21 of 74 Restaurants in Ilha Grande
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The service in this place was terrible and the food even worse: Me and my brother got sick for three days after it. Don't be fooled by the cosy look of it and STAY AWAY from this hellhole.

1  Thank Peter M

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time watching the world cup with people from all over the world....friendly staff and food tasty and plenty of it.....

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Horrible experience. Horrible service. Rude waiter. When we complained they said, "come back tommorrow maybe it will be better."

So many other great places to eat in Ilha Grande, don't waste your time here

1  Thank rwendin
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I agree with my previous reviewers. It looks very nice from outside and like good atmosphere. Be aware though that there is no warm kitchen before 19:30.
Some of the waitresses were extremely unfriendly and not attentive at all. We waited for about an hour for the kebab (which was good). We even tried a second time to go there, but it wasn't any better - actually it was worse. My friend got her food while I had to wait 25min more. Thus, we didn't dine together.

Not good value for money. I really wouldn't go if I were you.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the outside this looks like quite a nice, chilled restaurant but it is not. We waited for 3 hours for 2 kebabs to be cooked, asking every 15 minutes or so after the first hour and a half. We know life on Ilha Grande is chilled and that's why we loved it but this was something else. We were told, yeah 2 minutes no problem. Our 2 dining companions both had finished their dinner and had gone to bed, and in the end we were so fed up we just left.

I have no problem with you forgetting an order, it happens, no worries but there is no need to constantly lie about it for 3 hours and then be pretty rude when we have to keep asking you where our food is.

At 11pm after we left, we walked down the road to a cafe and within 5 minutes had 2 platefuls of delicious food in front of us.

There is no excuse for this kind of service. Awful.