All reviews bread ham fruit breakfasts were great every morning ten minute walk stayed nights lovely place hugo balcony bay hosts pousada cheese island hillside brazil
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Stayed for four nights in February. Although it was very wet at times we had a lovely time. The pousada is clean and well placed. Absolutely quiet . The manager and her family are lovely and took great pains to ensure we had all we needed. Breakfasts were great, lots of fruit and other different alternatives.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea, it is a small property.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this beautiful accommodation. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the Host and made to feel very welcome. Our room was extremely spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. The view was spectacular. The daily breakfast was simple but delicious. Hugo (sorry don't know the spelling) was down stairs each morning to assist us with daily activities and recommended very good options. It was a very memorable stay and wished we could stay longer.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerri-Anne T
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here at this lovely place for one week and it is a pearl in Ilha Grande. Nice large rooms which are cleaned every day. A breakfast to die for, different fruits, eggs, different kinds of bread and ham and cheese and more..

The staff made us feel very welcome here, super friendly and helpful.

The only little issue was a little poor wifi, but that didn't bother us so much.

I recommend this place certainly!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed a week at the pousada. We loved the breakfast, the friendly Claudia and her son, the location with the great view and ofcourse the lovely suite/room with a big balcony. I could really recommend this place if your visiting the island.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice place with a very diligent and attentive owner. The rooms and the property are kept very, very clean. My room was nice, a little small but comfortable and nice. The hammock on the balcony was the best.

First, let me advise visitors to this pousada to bring the plug converter that converts the standard Brazilian 3 plug system to a Brazilian 2 plug system. Also, try to bring maps of Ilha Grande. I also found flashlights to be very useful.

People have to understand that this is an very environmentally aware pousada and they try to keep their footprint small.

Thus, there is no hot/cold running water from the sink faucet and the shower has a head that heats up the water to give you a warm shower instead of a cold shower.

But, don't get me wrong - for me these were not negatives - I am just advising the guests.

Please understand that this is a every nice pousada, especially for Brazil. It has a beautiful view of the village and the bay. It is about a ten minute walk from the central part of the village - although it is very near one of the most popular all night clubs. The pousada has a beach address, but the rooms are on the hillside about a 2 or 3 minute walk from the beach.

The food at breakfast is very good. There is a big assortment of fruits, usually one type of cheese and some ham or ham-like meat ( I am vegetarian so I did not eat the meat). They have real eggs - many times the pousandas have powdered eggs.

There few amenities, which is why I did not give it a five star rating. For instance, the plug adapters are cheap, the pousada could lend them to the guest. Also, it might try to get some maps.

Also, I have to check the Booking.com bill, the $81 a night did not exactly match the final bill which was about $91 a night.

However, all said, I would definitely stay here again even with the $91 a versus the advertised price of $81 a night. These are just items to watch for.

While a little rustic, this was a very nice pousada.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo