We (3 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 5) had two rooms. Each room had a double bed and a single bed. The rooms were of good quality. The manager (Willie) was extremely helpful but not too in your face.
Buddha (the hotel’s chef) makes excellent caiprainas and home made pasta...the best pasta we have had anywhere in the world...highly recommended.
We also went out on a day trip with Jeronimo...snorkelling with turtles, sea kayaking and an hour trek through the jungle. This was fantastic and Jeronimo was a great guide:
• he held the hand of a 70 year old lady for the one hour hike and helped her over some rocks etc.
• He put our 5 year old in his kayak towed our 9 year old in his own kayak.
This day trip is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful island "Ilha Grande", 140 km / 90 miles south of Rio de Janeiro. The main village, "Abraao", can be reached by bus and ferry in just 4 hours from Rio. Located at the end of the Abraao beach, distant of the commercial establishments to some 500 mts. TAGOMAGO was build in wood, on the slopes overlooking the bay in 2005, and is surrounded by tropical vegetation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pousada Tagomago Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tagomago Beach Lodge Ilha Grande, Brazil