“DONT STAY HERE - NO MANAGEMENT TO SPEAK OF”

Pousada Corsario Buzios
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
Miami, Florida
“DONT STAY HERE - NO MANAGEMENT TO SPEAK OF”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We stayed here for 3 days and were a party of 4. We booked 1 deluxe suite and a standard room.

-The deluxe suite was supposed to have a view but had none. While the pousada is on playa dos ossos, most of the rooms have no view, unlike 90% of pousadas in buzios.

-The shower and toilet in one of our rooms did not flush well, and after a 3 minute shower the water would back up and leave the entire bathroom puddled.

-The safe deposit boxes were old and rusty, and in one of our rooms it had to be replaced twice. They brought in a replacement the first night, but again this one did not work the second time we tried to open it.

-The place is also supposed to have internet access, as advertised, but this did not work in our room and we had to have one of the bell-boys come into our room for an hour and do some major tech work with the faulty router they had.

-The sauna was only open from 5PM-8PM every day. It didnt even have a functioning light bulb inside, making it very erie inside.

-The lady who was at the reception upon check in and check out (Marina), seemed more concerned with selling us on restaurants, tours and transportation arrangements than anything else. We had just arrived from Rio and were checking in when she asked us how much we had paid for our private transfer, and then offered her hook up which according to her was $20 reals cheaper. The way she approached this innapropriate and cheap. The same with restaurants - the couple of times we asked for recommendations she gave us a card with her name on the back (for us to hand at the restaurant) to this overpriced place called David's. She also tried to sell us on a schooner tour which seemed outrageously priced. Yet she was of no help in solving any of the problems I mentioned before. The rest of the time the front desk was manned by one of the bell boys, who while attentive visibly lacked training and pay.

Overall, the place lacks management and upkeep to let you relax like an upscale place should, which is the main point of buzios.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank misterop2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
rio de janeiro
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Me and my boyfriend spend the new year's holiday in this wonderfull place! Absolutelly everything is fine: room, breakfast, location, facilities and infrastructure (pool, sauna, kids entertainment, etc)... Specially, we would like to say that the staff is perfect! Everybody is kind, very efficient and help you in whatever you need! Ossos beach is the best place to stay in Buzios: near everything but out of the crowded and noisy places of the center! The pousada also offered us a very nice dinner and party in the new year's eve in the Yatch Club of Buzios which is located in the same Ossos beach! If you are thinking in Buzios, stay in Pousada do Corsário!

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — internet facilities
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank flavinha
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 18, 2007

Pousada do Corsário is a comfortable choice when visiting Búzios. I spent four nights there in March 2007. It's not perfect, so let me get the "bad" out of the way first. Breakfasts aren't as impressive as other places I've stayed at in Brazil. They're fine, just not amazing. The minibar is spartan... but at least there is one, and it has enough space for items you purchase elsewhere. For some reason a maid entered my room very, very late one night. She didn't knock, and I was half asleep. I screamed, she screamed, and then she quickly left. One day my room wasn't cleaned. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told it was because I hadn't left my key. Well... I didn't leave my key the previous day and my room was cleaned, and the surprise maid obviously had a key to my room....

Now to the "good". The pousada grounds are very attractive, as are the rooms. The bathroom in my room was huge, the bed was extremely comfortable. Despite the situations I mentioned, I found the staff efficient and friendly in general. Sauna, game room, etc. Great pool, and the bar makes a very good caipirinha. One of the best things about the pousada is its location in front of picturesque Praia dos Ossos (where you can also find a very good caipirinha!). It's an easy walk to Azeda, Azedinha, and João Fernandes beaches. There are plenty of taxis nearby if you want to go to a different beach. It's also just a short stroll to the main village. Unlike many of the other "better" pousadas, Pousada do Corsário doesn't require a hike up a hill. I guess I could best describe the pousada as "pleasant".

Prices for Pousada do Corsário vary widely. I contacted the property directly, and was quoted prices in the stratosphere. Later I did a web search, and finally booked through agoda.com. The price was less than half the quote given to me by the pousada. So... I would be happy staying there again, assuming I found a decent price.

• Liked — attractive facility, attractive room, location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank chileboy
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed November 20, 2006

I stayed in Pousada Corsario between 11/18/06 to 11/20/06. The rooms are large, with a nice bathroom, large beds (queen size), eletronic safe and a nice TV. The standard rooms has a garden view the vip ones has ocean view. The location is terrific, in front of the Ossos beach, and very close to Azeda and Azedinha beaches. You can go walking to Pedras street, but it's a good walk (about 20 min.). The pool is right in front of the beach and has a beautiful view of it. The breakfast could be better but it's ok too.

I definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BrunoMagalhaes