We stayed here for 3 days and were a party of 4. We booked 1 deluxe suite and a standard room.
-The deluxe suite was supposed to have a view but had none. While the pousada is on playa dos ossos, most of the rooms have no view, unlike 90% of pousadas in buzios.
-The shower and toilet in one of our rooms did not flush well, and after a 3 minute shower the water would back up and leave the entire bathroom puddled.
-The safe deposit boxes were old and rusty, and in one of our rooms it had to be replaced twice. They brought in a replacement the first night, but again this one did not work the second time we tried to open it.
-The place is also supposed to have internet access, as advertised, but this did not work in our room and we had to have one of the bell-boys come into our room for an hour and do some major tech work with the faulty router they had.
-The sauna was only open from 5PM-8PM every day. It didnt even have a functioning light bulb inside, making it very erie inside.
-The lady who was at the reception upon check in and check out (Marina), seemed more concerned with selling us on restaurants, tours and transportation arrangements than anything else. We had just arrived from Rio and were checking in when she asked us how much we had paid for our private transfer, and then offered her hook up which according to her was $20 reals cheaper. The way she approached this innapropriate and cheap. The same with restaurants - the couple of times we asked for recommendations she gave us a card with her name on the back (for us to hand at the restaurant) to this overpriced place called David's. She also tried to sell us on a schooner tour which seemed outrageously priced. Yet she was of no help in solving any of the problems I mentioned before. The rest of the time the front desk was manned by one of the bell boys, who while attentive visibly lacked training and pay.
Overall, the place lacks management and upkeep to let you relax like an upscale place should, which is the main point of buzios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Com localizacao privilegiada, em frente a Praia dos Ossos e a 5 minutos da Rua das Pedras, A pousada Corsario, convida voce a descobrir os encantos que envolvem o clima magico de Buzios, o balneario mais famoso do mundo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Pousada Corsario Buzios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Corsario Buzios
- Pousada Corsario Buzios Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil