Martin Pescador
Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa(Armacao dos Buzios)
$70
  • Breakfast included
$216
Villa Rasa(Armacao dos Buzios)
$124
$92
Unicornio & SPA BY MN Hoteis(Armacao dos Buzios)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Relais La Borie(Armacao dos Buzios)
$312
$283
La Pedrera Small Hotel & Spa(Armacao dos Buzios)
$118
PortoBay Buzios(Armacao dos Buzios)
$111
$89
Porto Bay Buzios
  • Pool
Abracadabra Pousada(Armacao dos Buzios)
$183
$175
Barracuda Resort(Armacao dos Buzios)(Great Value!)
$73
Vila D'este(Armacao dos Buzios)
$185
$161
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 2, 2009

After working at hectic pace for a major media company for 14 years, I decided to leave to start my own small business. But, first, I needed to take some time off to relax and get re-energized. So, I booked a trip to Brazil for 10 days, splitting time between Rio de Janeiro and Buzios.

Since I don't speak Portuguese, I was a bit apprehensive about traveling two hours outside of a major city in Brazil, but I had no problems. As the driver approached the Martin Pescodar, my first reaction was, "oh my God, what a phenomenal view!" I arrived just in time for a breathtaking view of the sunset. Simply incredible.

They serve a Brazilian breakfast each morning, including the great Brazilian coffee. In the mornings, I would take a walk along the narrow beach (only when the tide is out). Then, I'd take a cab for the short 3-kilometer ride into Centro, which is the main part of town. Centro features a combination of stores, bars, restaurants, clubs, ice cream shops, etc. You can also take a boat ride from Centro to the hotel.

This was the right spot for me to chill and get away from the hustle and bustle. The staff was quite attentive.

To be candid, this is not one of those fancy spots, like the Fasano or Copacabana Palace in Rio de Janiero. There's no spa or fancy restaurants. But, if you're looking for privacy and relaxation, this is a terrific spot.

I will go there again during my next visit to Brazil. And, I've been recommending it to my friends. Oh, and I was able to write the foundation for the business plan for my new venture -- so the Martin Pescodar will always hold a special place in my heart.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband has been doing business in Rio for the last year and I finally went with him to take a few days for ourselves. We found this really cool little beach town called Buzios. We ended up staying at this small (18 rooms) hotel that we just loved. It was very romantic, with great rooms overlooking the water, with awesome sunsets and sunrises. The hotel is very private and is just a 10 minute ride to town and to several beaches.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I was perplexed reading the negative review that was posted. I also stayed here for my honeymoon, and found the hotel a welcome getaway from some of the other Buzios options. Yes, the pool is small, but there aren't many rooms on the property. The hotel is not in the middle of the frantic nightlife of Buzios. However, the stone street/central district is a short car ride away (5 minutes).

My wife and I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. Our friends were blown away by the pictures that we took of the hotel when we were there. It was definitely a very romantic location, and the morning breakfast of fruits, cold cuts, and eggs was supurb. We will be staying at this hotel when we return to Buzios (which we are most certainly planning on doing).

My only complaints are with to the beds and beach. Our mattress were not very comfortable, but having visited a number of hotels in Brazil, I have found this to be a pretty constant problem in Brazil. The hotel has a wonderful view of the water, but doesn't have much of a beach. However, my favorite Buzios beach, Praia de Tartaruga, is a short 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Beware of this hotel! My husband and I booked a few nights there for our honeymoon and were very, very disappointed. We got there and the place was a DUMP. The pictures are so deceiving, the rooms are small and musty, the pool is literally a hole in the ground and nothing was as it was described. Four hours after we checked in, we told them we planned to leave the next day. We checked out at 11:00 am the next morning, and the owner (Andrea) charged us over $1000, claiming that we had agreed to purchase a minimum stay and "Carnaval" package - we had never even heard of such a thing. (In fact, had we been told about any Carnaval special, we would have avoided the hotel completely - we decided not to stay in Rio for precisely that reason) When we asked her to provide us with a single document that identified the package or demonstrated we agreed to it, she gave us a letter that (1) was sent to the wrong email address, and (2) said cancellations were fine within 24 hours! She absolutely scammed us. If you are looking for a quaint, charming or even acceptable hotel, I would suggest you look elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2008
5  Thank Carrgler
Reviewed June 30, 2007

In early June, 2007, my fiancee and I stayed for 8 nights at this beautiful 18-room boutique hotel located right on the water in a quiet cove in Buzios. All of the rooms have balconies which open to the most incredible views of the sea. We enjoyed colorful sunsets and great views of the moon every night. Under new ownership, the hotel is recently reonvated and we enjoyed new mattresses, curtains, TVs, frigobar, and wireless internet. The staff was very pleasant and attended to our every need. The hotel is clean, charming, and had all the amenities we needed: great outdoor bar down by the water/pool, sauna and pool, nice lobby bar, pool table, and terrific Brasilian-style breakfast every morning. The new manager, Andreia, arranged several things for us, including romantic dinners downtown in Rua des Pedras at Cigalon, Buzin, and other great restaurants. She also took care of our windsurfing and other transportation needs. Finally, the price is right for a hotel of this calibre and location. If you are looking for a romantic, quiet, beautiful place to spend a week of relaxation, this is the place! The hotel's phone number is 5522 2623 1449 and email is martinpescador@martinpescador.com.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank WorldTravelBlogger