Abracadabra Pousada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Pousada L'Escale(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Corsario Buzios(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Breakfast included
La Chimere(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Breakfast included
A Casa Do Mar Apartamentos(Armacao dos Buzios)
View Hotel
Pousada Amancay(Armacao dos Buzios)
View Hotel
Hotel Lunazul(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Azeda Boutique Hotel(Armacao dos Buzios)
View Hotel
Auberge de la Langouste(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Breakfast included
Atlantico Buzios Hotel(Armacao dos Buzios)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssister hotelinfinity poolcasas brancasour honeymoonboutique feelwatch the sunsetloved this hotellocation is greatevery morninghigh seasonvisiting buziosbayshortcutnightclubriopousadabeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for our honeymoon, and accidentally booked it a month in advance... silly mistake I know, but would expect such a nice (expensive) hotel to show a bit more understanding! But when I realised my mistake, my credit card had already been charged (nearly A$2,000) and they refused to refund any of it. They told me they were unable to resell the room at short notice. (A bit fishy, as I rang back later to ask if they had any availability on those dates and was told they were fully booked). Completely understand the mistake was my fault (as they kept telling me) but a little bit of compassion wouldn't go astray... we're now bypassing Buzios completely on the trip and heading down the Costa Verde instead. With $2,000 less in the honeymoon budget!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hf1207
Sebastian H, Gerente de relações públicas at Abracadabra Pousada, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Abracadabra Pousada would like to clarify this situation since the description above does not correspond to the facts .
Ms. HF made a reservation for the period of December 3rd, to the 07th, 2013 through Booking.com. The Hotel´s Reservations Department proceeded with the normal booking process and correspondence which clearly states our Cancellation and No-Show Policies.
A room was reserved for this client for the requested period . The client did not show on the date of the reservation and did not write us any correspondence attempting to modify the chosen dates. Abracadabra was unable to sell the room due to the fact that the client simply did not presented herself at the time and did not ask for any changes. We do have a No-Show Policy sent to Ms.HF.
Our reservation manager reported Booking.com the no show next day. The client stated she confused herself with the chosen dates and required a full refund or to change the dates to January 2014. The time required in January is fully booked.
With this situation, Abracadabra wrote an e-mail stating that respecting our policies ( which were sent to the client ) we would not refund this value because we were unable to sell the room. Nonetheless we would be glad to provide her with a significant discount during another time period.
Ms.HF did no reply to this offer and directly posted this unfair review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

When my husband and I were escorted to our room at this pousada, we were absolutely blown away by the view and the stylish decor.
You could easily spend your days at the hotel, lounging on the comfortable day beds and swimming in the immaculate pool however it is an easy and pleasant walk into Buzios town where there are plenty of restaurants and bars to try and beaches to explore. It is a lovely place to spend a few days.
The staff were very helpful and the breakfast plentiful and tasty (although they charge for espressos but have free bubbles at breakfast which is a bit random but fine).

1  Thank ALM_KJD
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights it was the luxury part of our honeymoon and it did not disappoint. Our room was 16 which was more like a studio and had an amazing view over the bay equipped with a balcony to enjoy drinks from the restaurant on. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially Jo on the front desk who couldn't do enough for us and arranged a number of activities for us including a private boat trip around the peninsular which was wonderful. The buffet breakfast and restaurant food were delicious and the view and comfort and cleanliness that this retreat has to offer was exceptional. I couldn't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: Room 16 is a studio room I think it is the best in the hotel. I comes with 2 sofas and if you have a dull rainy day a huge flat screen TV with DVD player.
2  Thank Victoriajanemiles
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this location for three (3) nights. The location is atop one of Buzio's many hills and has a spectacular view of the beach and bay below. The service was excellent, the attitude of all was caring, pleasant and relaxing to match the environment.

Room sizes vary. My room was smallish, but more than adequate, for my stay. My colleagues had similar room sizes with some bigger.

The infinity pool and lounge area is very nice with single and double loungers. The view from the pool is the same spectacular view I mention above.

The food was excellent. I had the included breakfast as well as some appetizers in the evening. Service was again first rate, all staff spoke English and were incredibly helpful and welcoming.

The only thing to be aware of, and it is not like Abracadabra can do anything about it, is the night club Privilege is located on the street / beach below. On weekends the sound of the thump, thump of the DJ music can be heard into the morning hours. When I was there the music was still going at 8:30AM.

We will be back to experience the relaxation and excellent service from the rest of the hustle and bustle of Brazil.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WMD66
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here during our honeymoon and it was perfect - amazing views over the bay from the terrace and our room plus really friendly service. The restaurant is lovely too and better than anywhere we found in town.

1  Thank Alice T