“nice area”

and up
Day Trip to Búzios from Rio de Janeiro: Sightseeing Tour, Bay Cruise and Lunch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This charming cobblestone street is lined with restaurants and shops selling resort wear, jewelry, handicrafts and artwork, and is known for its lively nightlife.
usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“nice area”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great downtown area with lots of restaurants and shops. Be careful walking on the stones though, I wouldn't wear heels!

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“"Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder"”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Buzios is literally filled with bars and clubs for most part of the Buzios area. Beautiful beaches, stores to shop and enough places to eat. In my opinion nightlife has to have one main ingredient which I did not experience "a place to dance and party." This does not mean if you are just interested in having a meal with an ocean view and pay the price for having such experience then you can called it an nice evening out under the stars and thus having the nightlife/experience of your life, however for my taste I want to have a little bit of everything. I want to be able to go to a restaurant have a nice dinner, a couple of drinks, look at the crowds and shop if I see something interesting that I want to take with me back home. Also, there are those evenings or night that I would like to drink and dance and have a good time and this I did not experience at Buzios. There were three places we could have an opportunity to dance I remember two by name. One of them was named "Pacha." This nightclub entertained music called electronic or rock music. No offense to those who like this type of music, however I am from the Caribbean and this type of music is not high on my list. The second club is called "Privilege" I had lots of hope of really going into this club and let it all out on the dance floor, however I was not permitted to go inside because the entire club was being leased out for a wedding. Bad Luck? I do not know, however my last club which promised to be the saver (this is club that I do not remember its name) this club had a venue of artists and shows for the week, however the waiter told us at the door that we had to buy dinner in order to sit, look or listen to the performers. He would not even consider us just buying a couple of drinks. I would've consider his proposition, but I just came out of David's Restaurant and after having Churrasco Mixto I was not about to keep stuffing myself (probably then I would been unable to dance anyways). As I look at the dance area where you good actually dance there was none, in other words the place is setup basically so you could sit around the stage and admire, enjoy and listen to the performers. I no way I am saying that there is no nightlife in Buzios , if you are into shopping looking at crowds, having a drink and eating the local cuisine then this place is most definitely for you.

Visited May 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great browsing!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great browsing! This is where all the shopping and eating action is. Fun cobblestone street, loads of interesting shops and lots of good restaurants. Prices in most shops were pretty high, but we did a bit of bargaining which helped. It felt very safe day or night and the vibe was fun and relaxed. We found the people in the shops/restaurants to be very friendly which surprised me considering how many tourists flock to Buzios. Enjoyed it tremendously!

Visited November 2012
Rio de Janeiro
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Cobblestones Can Be Difficult”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is THE shopping and restaurant street in Buzios, with cobblestone pavers. The stones themselves are large, and walking (especially after a few cocktails!) can be difficult and even hazardous. No doubt there have been more than a few twisted ankles walking this road. For wheelchairs, I suspect it could be a real challenge. Along the street, however, are many interesting shops and places to visit.

Visited June 2012
Monterey, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice place to walk around”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great place to go for shopping and dinner! There are lots of good restaurants in this area. Plus, you can walk out and see the beach with all the boats. Really pretty.

Visited April 2013