With the understanding that Value/money ratio in Brazil is possibly the worst in the western hemisphere, this place offers a great view and spacious rooms with good landscaping. I gave it an overall three stars but within the Brazil lenses I would say a 4 out of 5.
Items to improve:
1) More than five minutes of hot water so two people can take a shower.
2) new bedside lamps that cost more than $2, and can't be knocked over by a 5km/h breeze.
3) decent pillows (problem at most every pousada in the country)
4) the AC unit is sub par and will give you fluid in your lungs. (Again consistent cultural theme to save every penny at expense of customer convenience)
Items of merit
1) Breakfast was fresh and delicious.
2) patio of room has great views and gives you a feeling of privacy due to the dimensions.
3) bathroom is clean and well covered
4) mattress is nice and cozy
Would stay here again and paid roughly $R280/night, 2 people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This delightful small hotel is British owned and managed. Remodeled and upgraded in 2007. The hotel consists of individual bungalows, all having a balcony with spectacular sea view. 100 mts. from the peninsula's most attractive beach. Air-conditioned and fully equipped. Large tropical garden and pool. Transfers available from Rio Airport or hotels. Ideal for English speaking guests, but with an authentic Brazilian atmosphere. Elegance and comfort at a reasonable cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pousada Hibiscus Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Hibiscus Beach Buzios
- Pousada Hibiscus Beach Hotel Buzios
- Pousada Hibiscus Beach Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil