Pousada Hibiscus Beach
Ferradura Resort(Armacao dos Buzios)
$154
$149
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Janellas do Mar(Armacao dos Buzios)(Great Value!)
$54
$52
Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa(Armacao dos Buzios)
$119
$72
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Relais La Borie(Armacao dos Buzios)
$331
$299
Barracuda Resort(Armacao dos Buzios)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
  • Breakfast included
Villa Rasa(Armacao dos Buzios)
$110
$97
Hotels.com
Azeda Boutique Hotel(Armacao dos Buzios)
$68
$55
Atlantico Buzios Hotel(Armacao dos Buzios)
$179
$111
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Perola Buzios Hotel(Armacao dos Buzios)
$118
  • Breakfast included
Vila D'este(Armacao dos Buzios)
$158
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewslace curtainsbuenos airesmangorua das pedraspousadariobeacheshummingbirdsstatuevegetationsunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I seldom review lodging, except to warn of rip offs and dangers. Hibiscus Pousada is just on the edge of Buzios. within a five to ten minute walk you can catch the constant stream of mini vans that take you into the center for about a $1.50 US ( I never waited more than 2 minutes). THe other option is to stroll along the picturesque harbor for about 20 minutes from the point you catch the mini vans.

The beach is as advertised, just a few steps from the Pousadas. The great thing about this place is that it is on the end of a cul-de-sac. No traffic!! Its quiet 24/7! I looked around and did not see very many areas that could match this enviornment.

I have lived in Hawaii and can tell you that you would never get this type of a place with location, gardens and views unless you paid mega dollars. Even then, it would be a high rise.

THe Pousadas have nice big porches and are rustic in nature. Comfortable and clean.

I had a complicated situation with my Brazilian visa which required me changing dates. THe management refunded my money in full when they were under no legal obligation to do so, when they were able to rent my room. Amazing! I travel the world for a living and seldom come across such honesty.

My only regret is that in writing this review I may be making it difficult to come back and stay here the next time I am in Brazil for work. Really!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I enjoyed staying at this pousada. The staff was very very helpful and nice. The rooms were pretty good and spacious. Very very close walking distance do jao fernandes beach - a great beach. Ocean views from the balconies are nice too.

I only have 2 minor complaints: the rooms have ant problems and you need to take a taxi to get to the main town unless you want to walk a long distance.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cliffnerd
Reviewed January 28, 2011

If you're coming to Buzios, you're probably going to want to walk and see the scenery on foot; this hotel is a great point of departure. It's convenient to most of the beaches (except for those that require walking regardless), the shopping area is within easy walking distance, and the staff is so friendly and accomodating. The rooms are simple, clean, and well-equipped. Although we were initially concerned with the fact that we had to replace the mosquito plug-in daily, we never had a bug problem. The restaurant options nearby are a bit limited, and the walks are hilly, but we loved the feeling of being nestled in a bungalow tucked among flowering bushes. The sea view was limited, so don't book it based on that. Just enjoy the chance to be away from the world, sitting on a lovely patio in a great atmosphere, If you don't need big city amenities, this is a truly unique and beautiful spot.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Pousada Hibiscus Beach at the end of November 2010. The rooms were clean and very quaint and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Their location is great, as it is less than a 2 minute walk to the the nicest beach in Buzios and about a 20 minute walk to the heart of the town. The view from our room to the ocean was amazing. We felt very safe walking from the town at night and truly fell in love with the Pousada Hibiscus Beach and Buzios. The only downside is if you have trouble walking up stairs, as the Pousada is built into a hill so getting to your room requires climbing some stairs. We would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend the Pousada Hibiscus Beach , for people looking for a clean, very quaint, affordable place to stay in Buzios.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We only had a few days in Buzios and booked this place a little last minute through booking.com. Accurate maps of Buzios were hard to find so I think had we known this was quite a ways out of the main area, we probably would have booked something else. The pousada itself was great. The bungalow we were in had a great ocean view from the veranda, there was a nice little pool, and they served delicious breakfasts in their open air lounge/dining area/veranda. Other than the fact that it was a little off the beaten path (which was our fault for not doing the research), the price was right, the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. I would recommend this hotel to people who are for the most part looking for some downtime.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends