“Blessed place”

Rocka Beach Lounge & Restaurant
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rocka is open all year during the day - local products with a Brazilian twist - Fresh from sea, farm and organic garden. In low season Seafood Paella every Sunday.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is an absolutely stunning place! Remarkable ocean view that makes you almost fly, the view you won't forget. The food is so delicious and awesome! You can't even imagine! Oh my God! This is the best food I have ever tried! Pure gastronomical orgasm with every single dish.
The place itself is so nice and beautiful! You can choose where to sit - to take a table or lay on the lounges. They also have massage services - additional indulgence for your stay there.

Finally the prices have impressed us a lot as they are lower vs what you can expect in the center of Buzios.

Apparently A must visit place in Buzios!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was so impressed by the food and drink the first time i went, that i returned the following day.
the service was good, i was able to have a good view of the beach and check out the waves properly before hitting the water.

Food quality was on par with some of the best food i've had in Peru (Scallops and Cevich)

It is my favorite beach restaurant in Buzios.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a fantastic lunch time meal here when the weather outside wasn't exactly great beach weather. Service was a bit relaxed but that was ok with the relaxed beach vibe of the place. Great seafood platter and goats cheese salad and great ice creams

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were recommended Rocka by Dehouche our travel agent based in Rio. Superb seafood, great views over the bay, excellent lounging beds for the essential afternoon siesta and very attentive, unobtrusive service.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was at Rocka last year and had a wonderful time. So I decided to drive from Rio to visit once again.
First of all, the setup is very unique. Rocka is located on "Brava Beach" where is small yet pristine. It's a rusty beach shack on a hill looking down amazing beach. The view is insane, especially at sunset, the color is very magical.
And importantly Rocka got foods, which are very impressing. For me, it's the best sea foods I ever had in Rio de Janeiro. I grew up in Fukuoka, Japan, where is one of the best place to eat sea foods(ask your Japanese friends.) I don't know much about meat but I know fish. What I like the most is that they only buy local fish every morning. Most of time, I am not so impressed by the fishes from warm water. Since they have less flavor (fishes have more fats and muscles in cold water environment.) Somehow their fishes have good flavor. And most importantly the chef pulls the best flavor("Umami") out of local fish. The chef is very creative, he knows fish well. And he got own-style.
Even their vegetables got much flavor too. I believe they grow own organic vegetable somewhere.
I currently live in NY and eat out quite well, but I cannot find what Rocka offers. So I always drive three hours to experience Rocka, at least once, whenever I visit Rio.