Very cosy and comfortable, stylish and relaxing.
The standard room is quite big and has a sofa and an armchair. A big tv-set, safe, air conditioner. We lived in room 15. I need to mention that the bathroom need a bit repairing.
All the staff is friendly and almost everyone speaks english. Especially I wanna say about Alexandre - he is helpful and told us a lot about where to go and what to see.
Unfortunately breakfast is not very various: fried eggs and small scones with cheese, different types of bread, cheese and ham, fruit (mango was fantastic!) and some cornflakes. But eggs disappeared on the second day and appeared only in a week. No problem for me but for those who is used to large breakfast with many dishes this one can seem a bit poor.
Bar menu and snacks are not very expensive if we are talking about hotel prices. Cheesburger is delicious, and do try caipirinha with passion fruit - it's awesome! Thanks to the guy who prepares it, sorry don't know his name.
The hotel is very close to the centre, only 10 min walk to Rua das Pedras. The road to the Brava beach is not easy when it is hot but okay. The beach is 15 min walk. If you take a
Buggy , you can reach all the beaches quite quickly (we took a buggy in a place recommended by hotel. The buggy was old and it can be found cheaper in other places).
What else to say? Two days before leaving the rack in the bathroom fell off. Asked at reception to all smb to fix it, but when we arrived from the beach the rack was still on the floor. I called to reception but they told they didn't have some things to fix it but they would buy and fix. Well, when we were leaving the hotel nothing changed. We still put the showers on the sink shelf.
Again - no problem for me, really, but I think the service in a boutique hotel has to be better.
You can take books to read at reception and the dvd to watch in the room (though we did't find the player). Also they have chess and some games in the lobby.
I am in the other hotel, in Rio now but I miss Porto bay Buzios, because it was silent, very much like home. Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Born as a small fishing village, today Buzios is a paradise for those who love gastronomy, art and ecology while at the same time boasting an amazing night life. PortoBay Buzios* is a boutique hotel in the city centre of the of Buzios. 21 Suites in a sumptuous tropical setting are a certain recipe for peace and quiet, all with silent air conditioning, free internet access and minibar. Breakfast can be served near the pool leading you to one more unforgettable moment... This boutique lodge is near the beaches that surround the peninsula and a few steps from the famous Rua das Pedras. Here you will find a huge variety of traditional stores, different art galleries, traditional handcraft and some amazing restaurants where you can appreciate the simple pleasures of food A corner of paradise...* Previously named as Porto Bay Glenzhaus ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Porto Bay Buzios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Glenzhaus Hotel Buzios
- Porto Bay Glenzhaus Buzios
- Porto Bay Buzios Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil