Just arrived from my 3 nights stay with my girlfriend at Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa.
Overall it's a great place to stay while visiting Buzios for leisure. Aquabarra is well located near the famous Geribá beach (just a short walk and you reach the beach where they have an agreement with Bar da Praia so you can get a chair and relax without being bothered). The place is well decorated and offers the perfect environment to relax, take a nap and read a great book in the poolside.
The breakfast is also very good with a great assortment of fresh food and two options of squeezed juices. We had lunch at the restaurant once and the food was really good as well.
The owners (a very friendly couple) are always around to make sure that everything is ok.
June 1st was my girlfriend's birthday and the staff organised a small party (I've requested upon our reservation) but charged me R$ 160,00 (around 80 USD) for a small cake and 30 candies (a "little" bit overpriced but that's fine).
Our room (Superior room without beach view)) was cozy and well decorated but what really bothered us was the bed. They put together two beds in order to create a larger bed but the middle section hurt me every time I've tried to get closer to my girlfriend. It was very annoying. I did not like the mattress as well but this is just my opinion.
Upon our reservation we were able to choose the suite we wanted but they gave us a different one. In the end it was not a problem at all.
Aquabarra is a pet friendly hotel. The owners have two dogs and they have access to the pool area. The dogs have chosen this spot as their toilet so be aware of that to do not stuck your foot in the s#%t.
We would stay at Aquabarra again but there are some improvements they should consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa, with its authenticity and charisma will make it a unique place for your next vacations. It is located tree blocks away from the exclusive Geriba beach and 5 minutes from the famous Rua das Pedras (in car).Aquabarra offers a subtle luxury, focused on the comfort and the careful selection of each detail. Every corner features various objects, art pieces and special collections from our travels and experiences, aiming to reflect our personal style and emphasizing design, harmony and serenity.Our services include restaurant, lounge, bar and good music. Solarium, gazebos, ocean-view pool, sauna, and Spa area with excellent professionals. We count with 15 suites, all with different views and uniquely decorated.A very complete and delicious breakfast buffet is included in our rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquabarra Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Aquabarra Boutique Hotel Buzios
- Aquabarra Boutique Hotel & Spa Armacao Dos Buzios, Brazil