“Nice hotel, but unfriendly working staff.”

Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Armacao dos Buzios
“Nice hotel, but unfriendly working staff.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed after Christmas for 3 nights. Hotel and location is in quite nice place, not bad location, except impolite and not to customer oriented staff:(. Minus just personal. We had small misunderstanding, but the attitude was very impolite.

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank SigitaT
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We would to thank you for sending us your comments on your stay as they do help us to improve our service, and they also allow us to customize it to guests’ needs and expectations.
Together with the manager in charge of the corresponding area we will check your comments and we will contact you to send you an answer at the earliest possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel has an awesome garden, pool- area and a lovely restaurant with an excellent breakfast- buffet. Our rom however was very small, the interior simple and not very cozy/ comfortable, and it seemed only moderately clean. The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful. The hotel offers a shuttle bus into Buzios centre, which was the biggest disappointment of our stay. The bus driver was terribly unreliable and either came at least 30 min late or not at all. Overall it is a nice little hotel but in summary average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sinapilgrim
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
We would to thank you for sending us your comments as they do help us to improve our service, and they also allow us to customize it to guests’ needs and expectations.
Moreover, and in order to offer a better service day after day, we are currently working with a renowned consulting group (E.G.A) specialized in guest satisfaction issues.
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

After booking and pre-paying for our room at the Serena Buzios on Expedia, we arrived at the front desk and were told that they had no confirmed room for us. We were also told not to worry and that alternate hotel arrangements were made for us.

We were sent down the street to another posada in Buzios. The staff a and the Serena did not even offer to pay our taxi fare. This is incredibly poor customer service and I recommend you avoid this hotel. Additionally, this hotel is a full 2 blocks from Geriba beach, so if you want beachfront accommodations choose to stay somewhere else.

I am an avid traveler, and I understand that hotels occasionally overbook rooms. However, we were not given an explanation or apology, and Serena was incredibly cheap in not at least paying for the taxi to the alternate hotel.

Based on these snags, I'd avoid this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank G-Del70
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear, your comments are extremely important to our facility, allowing us to improve our service adapting it to the needs and requests of our guests. Our General Manager will contact you in order to give a solution for the situation that occurred.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here early Sept 2012. The hotel looked like in the pictures. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine, and the food and drinks generally good. Service was slow for lunch by the pool. The hotel is very close to the beach. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The king-sized bed was two twins pushed together, which seems pretty common, so the mattress wasn't especially comfortable. Especially for the price, it was good value and I recommend it for a comfortable stay if you don't want to pay higher prices for Insolito or Casas Brancas (both of which have spectacular settings). We did a lot of research before picking a hotel. We didn't want to pay the much higher rates for Insolito or Casas Brancas. Serena was better than I had expected and I would definitely recommend it as value for money and a comfortable stay. They also gave us a free upgrade at check-in. We also had really great massages at a great price - I definitely recommend Cecilia for that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cc_MD2012
Westport, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here in July 2011. I scanned today for the fun of it through all "terrible" reviews of this hotel. I can tell you, they are all TRUE. Avoid this place. The photos are very good deceptions. This hotel is terrible. Our kids still talk about it. It is their benchmark of the worst hotel they ever stayed in. I left it the morning after we arrived and gladly paid for 1 extra night to get out of our 7 day reservation. Went then to Casas Brancas which we rated "Excellent". A complete opposite of this hotel. Dirty, loud, rude service, where do I stop. At breakfast we even had the joy of looking at dipers of bab's which neithier the Brazilian parents nor the hotel staff bothered about cleaning up. See my photo.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank flyingdutchman14
Curitiba, PR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

This is an interesting hotel, close to the beach of geriba owned by Rochelle, an argentinien company. We were well received with a complimentary drink and plced in the far corner of the hotel, i guess, because they had discount offers through the internet. I guess the discount was duhe to the fact that the neighbor rooms were being remodelled and we had to hear saw, drillers, and hammers working until about 9 pm at night. The room was acceptael but had a strange smell. We decided not to complain because the people working there were very nice and the breakfast absolutely perfect! I would recommend the hotel but ask which room are they offering. The standard room (second floor) is really not that nice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventas, Director Comercial at Serena Hotel Boutique Buzios, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Sir,
First of all, we would to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your stay at our hotel. They do help us to improve our service, and they also allow us to customize it to guests’ needs and expectations.
Together with Serena’s General Manager we are now working on the issues mentioned by you that occurred during your stay at our property.
Round Rock, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved everything about Buzios! And was so glad I did my research and stayed at Serena. The hotel staff was great even before my arrival in helping me arrange my transport from Rio. Once I walked into the lobby, I immediately felt relaxed. The lobby was open to the beautiful pool and courtyard area. Lovely music playing from the speakers. It was so calm. I arrived early and my room wasn't yet ready so I sat outside next to the pool and had lunch and drinks. The entire stay was amazing. I was able to take a surfing lesson that was offered with my room. So much fun!!! And although my stay was short (4 days), I felt right at home. The hotel offered a shuttle every night to take you into downtown Buzios. Serena is not in the center of town like many of the other hotels/pousadas but with the free shuttle and the availability of taxi's I never had a problem. It was nice to be able to walk to Geriba beach only 1 block away from hotel. But I strongly suggest taking a taxi and checking out the other great beaches in Buzios. Brava was my favorite.

I can't wait to get back to Buzios. I'm fairly certain that it is now my favorite place on earth. And Serena made my stay even better!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo