“DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Corral Motel

Corral Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Afton
Corral Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Afton
Farmington
“DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We first stayed in the Corral motel in 1980. This place at that time was wonderful. The owners felt like old friends and the kept the place spotless.This is the first time in five years that we have stayed there because we had heard that the new owners have not kept up the place as did the original owners. We read some of the reviews and decided to stay there. This was a horrible decision! The carpet was so filthy that I refused to walk on it without shoes. There was a terrible odor in the room. The sheet on the beds were so thin you could see through them. The top sheet on the bed that my son slept on had a large hole in it. There were bugs crawling on the walls. The grass that was so nicely kept years ago was dead, even the weeds that had taken over in the grass area was dead. If you want to ruin a nice trip in a very nice part of Wyoming stay at the Corral Lodges (as it is now called). I would rather stay in a a tent at the county dumpl than to stay a this dump in Afton!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank easytoplease60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orem, Utah
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This place is actually called Corral Lodges. It is a group of cabins right on Hwy 89. I had the cabin at the rear of the property. It was one of the larger ones and I loved it. Parking right out in front. Clean with tons of space. The room held all the gear from my motorcycle with room for more. I have this thing about showers, a good shower can make or break a place for me and this one was great. Tons of hot water, a shower head that had pressure and at being 6' tall I could stand under it. I loved having chairs out on the front porch. It was great to sit out there and read and talk to my neighbors in the evening. The fridge and microwave were a bonus. I liked it and my ride so much I doing the ride again and I returning to Corral Lodges.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank solartj
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Went bowhunting for Elk..........2 of us........Motel was great, people were wonderful. The guy who wrote the bathroom is very, very small weighed 350 pounds.....I don't want to see him there again.....I would take my Wife to the Corral.....the restaurants nearby were A+.....Delaware Bowhunter

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank DELAWAREBOWHUNTER
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Stayed here on our drive back from Yellowstone. The cabins, while small and not luxurious by any means, are very cute and very clean. DirecTV, a nice bed, and a picnic area with a view of the hills and its own covered wagon. A nice change from the standard-issue motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MuyMalo
salt lake city
Reviewed November 27, 2008

We were given a cabin on the busy highway while most of the quieter cabins went empty that night. The manager was not friendly or helpful. I would not recommend this motel.

• Liked — Star Valley location
  • Disliked — Manager
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank realman55
Salt Lake
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Our room was very very small. The toilet was not secured to the floor. When you sat on the toilet it would almost tip over. The bathroom was so very small. I would never stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank fishingSLC
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We were driving the back roads from Los Angeles to Yellowstone one October. Late in the afternoon of the second day we arrived in the bucolic Star Valley.
We thought this would be a good place to stay for the night if we could find decent lodging The population of Afton is just under 2000 so we didn’t expect to find any major hotel chains. On the east side of Hwy 89 we spotted a cluster of red log cabins and pulled in. We spoke to the owner who told us the story of the man who built the cabins. During the great depression the previous owner and builder traveled to the surrounding mountains. He cut and hauled the logs back to the cabins present location and over the years built a dozen cabins over the years.

We asked for a room and were given a large 2 room log cabin. The cabin had a porch and we watch evening draw near gazing out at the surrounding hills.

The cabin was large but cozy. It was like traveling back to a quieter time. Everything was clean and in fine order. The bed was comfortable and we stayed warm that evening.

If you find yourself in Afton and need to spend the night check out these cabins. Clean, affordable, quiet and nice attentive owners,

• Stayed October 2003, traveled as a couple
2 Thank man4pnw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Afton Star Valley
Cabin Creek Inn
Cabin Creek Inn
#1 of 3 in Thayne
Wolf Den Log Cabin Motel & RV Park
Kodiak Mountain Resort

Been to Corral Motel? Share your experiences!