See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just terrible. It has a beautiful ocean view, but that is it! Rooms have no maintenance and just smell bad. Services is terrible from the reception to the waiters. One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel Portogalo S, Costumer Relationship Manager at Portogalo Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear, Mr. Rafael.

First we would like to thank you for the feedback and tell you that it is very important to identify problems in order to keep upgrading and offering the best structure and services that you deserve. We are sorry that your impressions of our Hotel are bad and we would like if you could describe what happened during your stay that made you dissatisfied, so we can investigate that and take the measures in order to fix it.

If you have another consideration to do, we are at your complete disposal to serve you by the e-mail: marketing@portogalosuite.com.br

We're counting on your response!

Best Regards,
Costumer Relationship Manager
Portogalo Suite Hotel

Reviewed December 13, 2014

The hotel is not very big, good for business, and for relax vacations.
Poor and expensive services in the hotel, especially in food offer.
Inside a big private condominium, the beach have the marina at the right side, so, you get some polluted water by the boats activity.
Private and quiet beach with one interesting way of transport downside the hill.
People with afraid of highs or disabled must rethink this hotel due to the cable car.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank chkimo
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is fantastic value for money! It is on The Most Beautiful bay of all Costa Verde, and hotel visitors are the only “outsiders” who can enjoy the beauty of it together with many richest and most famous Brazilians, who’s posh vilas and yachts surround the bay.
I read lots of negative comments and was prepared to cope with some disadvantages because I wanted to spend few days on this bay very much. So I was very pleasantly surprised when most of them turned to be false or very exaggerated. Yes, hotel haven’t been renovated for a long time, but that’s because last time it was, it was done to very high quality. It comes with nice charm of 90-ies, and still is in very good condition. My “room” was huge, it was actually one big room with balcony and comfortable double bed and another room with 2 single beds and dinning table and chairs in it. And that's room for the lowest rate! TV in my room was big flat screen, other rooms around were similar. The air-con was old and loud, but did its job very well, especially considering the size of rooms. Public areas inside hotel were very spacious, comfy and well maintained, as well as outside spaces. All staff were very helpful and attentive, I don’t speak any Portuguese but in every shift there were few people who can speak English and they were very helpful with everything, from food and drinks to finding driver who can take me to local ports. Thank you very much for wonderful time there to all of them!

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank dariusnsx
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We bought a 6 night package for the New Year for USD 2500, based on our memories from the last visit, 10 years ago. How much could a hotel deteriorate in 10 years? A lot, if apparently it never saw maintenance or renovation ever since. If it were a free ride, it would still be expensive considering what we've been through.

Everything in this hotel is old and degraded, starting by the famous wooden deck overlooking the ocean, with loose floor panels, with rusty and apparent nails. The rooms, leisure/ recreational and common areas are no exception.

Worst of all was the service. Overall the hotel is understaffed, with people who mean well, but are clearly poorly (or not at all) trained. Ordering a bottle of wine (paid separately) was a 20 minute nightmare on the 3 nights in which we were successful, but tonight we just gave up when the bottle arrived with the glasses but the (only) corkscrew was nowhere to be found.

The self service buffet was mostly tasteful, but always exposed for the 2-3 hours every meal lasted, mostly without replacement. The counter where it was placed became dirtier and dirtier, to a point where arriving closer to the closing time meant loosing the appetite.

What a pity. And I am never coming back. I'd rather try and keep the memories of countless number of times I've been here before this week.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JSilva2014
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Pros: great view and beach. Cons: rooms are old style and need mantainance, few options of entertainment, restaurant poor, daily rate very expense. The TV and air conditioner in my room was not working and they changed me to a even worse room...don't go !

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank LClaudioMM