The hotel is located one and a half hours drive from the Recife Airport. I had high hopes for Enotel that quickly diminished after check-in. There are only around 2 staff members that speak fluent English, which makes basic communication very difficult. It appears this is a family vacation spot for Brazilians so English language rare and simply not a priority. Upon entering our room I was shocked discovered what the owners of the hotel considered to be “the best room in their “5 Star” hotel". The decor is drab and dated; our bed linens were stained. I noticed a lot of mold in the bathroom and grease stains on the bathroom walls; paint repairs were completed on a patchwork basis. Based on the mold alone, I immediately requested a room change--I was told that the hotel was fully booked and there were no other rooms available--we were stuck for the entire trip. The hotel lacked the basic essentials of a 5 star hotel: basic furniture (not exquisite), lumpy bed, no room service, no plush white towels (grey instead and only 4 per room, no robes or slippers, rough grey bed sheets, no in-room gratis Wi-Fi, no mini bar, no evening turn down service. The hotel is all inclusive so you must book your evening meal seating from 8:30 -10:00 a.m. (most people sleep during this time when on vacation) or you are relegated to a crowded, sloppy buffet restaurant. In order to use the hotel computer you must pay for an Internet code which costs about $16!!! Also, there are no printers so you cannot print out your boarding pass. There is Wi-Fi available only in the bar area, but it is so slow -- I just gave up. On two occasions, I called reception 5 times to try and book wake-up calls to no avail--thank God for my IPod! The hotel is very expensive--I purchased some soap which was around $25 a bar--I am still recovering from the shock!! The owners of the hotel need to visit NYC, Toronto, London or Paris to compare their “5 Star” hotel to 5 star hotels in those cities--I know what to expect at 5 star hotels and this did not measure up in any way, shape or form---only in the price which is utterly shocking. North American budget hotels deliver better quality, service and value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Resort & Spa has a privileged location by the sea on the beach The hotel is located on the southern coast of Pernambuco state, on the beach of Porto de Galinhas considered one of the most visited tourist destinations and recognized in Brazil. It is the first all-inclusive hotel in the area. With this system, customers can enjoy all meals, snacks, drinks, entertainment and sports at no extra charge, all designed to make the most of your stay. The 5-star resort has 348 comfortable rooms and one of the most spectacular sea views, large gardens, which provides the best natural environment. This place is surrounded by beautiful white sand beaches and coconut palms. Its rich culture and nature, together with a pleasant climate, warm and clear waters make Porto de Galinhas, a perfect destination to enjoy the holidays - "Live the Moment." The hotel is located only 60 kilometers from the Guararapes International Airport - Recife / PE, and 2.5 km from the city of Porto de Galinhas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Enotel Acqua Club - Porto de Galinhas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Porto Galinhas De
- Enotel Porto Galinhas Hotel
- Enotel Acqua Club - Porto De Galinhas Brazil