This is a pretty nice hotel with a lot of ammenities. However, when travelling to Porto de Galinhas, staying in the hotel is usually a last option. If the weather is poor, this is a good hotel. If the weather is poor, this hotel is too expensive.
We would wake up early, have breakfast (which is very good), and then go on all the day excursions. You can sign up for these right from the hotel, and there is a trusted agency that handles all the excursions.
After all the excursions, we would come back, take a shower, and then head into town for dinner. The town has some amazing restaurants. We did not eat dinner in our hotel once, although we heard from one couple that they thought it was pretty expensive.
The hotel is in a great location, with a swimming pool that overlooks the ocean. Walk down the stairs from the pool, and you will have your own section on the beach that is attended to by the hotel waiters (getting your order will take a long time, so be patient). It is also close to the town, and you can take a taxi that chargers a standard fee (R$8.00). I repeat - AMAZING RESTAURANTS in town.
There were a few minor inconveniences at this hotel:
* Our key card did not work, so they kept on having to come and open the door themselves, and eventually, had maintenance change the whole lock. This took awhile.
* They called us at 1:00 a.m. when we were fast asleep, asking us to keep our voices down. Then, security was outside the door and we could hear him arguing with the front desk about where the noise was coming from.
* This wasn't an inconvenience, but I felt that none of the staff seemed happy to be there. No one smiled, said "hello", etc. I thought this to be a little strange. They worked in a nice hotel, with a stunning beachfront view, and they just didn't seem happy. Weird.
All in all, this was a nice hotel, but if I was to do this again, I would find something cheaper, like a pousada. There are way too many adventures to be had in Porto de Galinhas to be stuck in a hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Armacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armacao Hotel Porto De Galinhas
- Hotel Armacao Porto De Galinhas, Brazil