“You don't need this hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Armacao

Hotel Armacao
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Porto de Galinhas
Campinas
“You don't need this hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

This is a pretty nice hotel with a lot of ammenities. However, when travelling to Porto de Galinhas, staying in the hotel is usually a last option. If the weather is poor, this is a good hotel. If the weather is poor, this hotel is too expensive.

We would wake up early, have breakfast (which is very good), and then go on all the day excursions. You can sign up for these right from the hotel, and there is a trusted agency that handles all the excursions.

After all the excursions, we would come back, take a shower, and then head into town for dinner. The town has some amazing restaurants. We did not eat dinner in our hotel once, although we heard from one couple that they thought it was pretty expensive.

The hotel is in a great location, with a swimming pool that overlooks the ocean. Walk down the stairs from the pool, and you will have your own section on the beach that is attended to by the hotel waiters (getting your order will take a long time, so be patient). It is also close to the town, and you can take a taxi that chargers a standard fee (R$8.00). I repeat - AMAZING RESTAURANTS in town.

There were a few minor inconveniences at this hotel:
* Our key card did not work, so they kept on having to come and open the door themselves, and eventually, had maintenance change the whole lock. This took awhile.
* They called us at 1:00 a.m. when we were fast asleep, asking us to keep our voices down. Then, security was outside the door and we could hear him arguing with the front desk about where the noise was coming from.
* This wasn't an inconvenience, but I felt that none of the staff seemed happy to be there. No one smiled, said "hello", etc. I thought this to be a little strange. They worked in a nice hotel, with a stunning beachfront view, and they just didn't seem happy. Weird.

All in all, this was a nice hotel, but if I was to do this again, I would find something cheaper, like a pousada. There are way too many adventures to be had in Porto de Galinhas to be stuck in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ERajah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

Although the reviews I saw here, I stay at the hotel in November 2006 and I have to say that I liked it.
It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it was good for the price and location.
It is the hotel nearest the village of Porto de Galinhas. You can walk to the village through the beach (45 minutes) or take a taxi easily.
The pool near the beach was very good (although sometimes you didn't have chairs), the room was average (yes, the air conditioning was a little noisy) and the breakfast was good (I will only include more variety of fruits).
The only bad thing was the beach in front of the hotel. The sea has currents and it was not safe to swim. But, except Summerville and Nannai, the other hotels had the same problem.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The beach of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank PortugalTraveller
grenille
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2007

I stayed at the Armacao in October of 2006 and had quite a pleasant time. The rooms are spread out across the resort in a park-like atmosphere. I would say that the rooms are not as nice as the common areas, as is often the case with hotels. I found the room, though clean, to be a little musty and plain. In any case, the beach is spectacular, the pools wonderful, great food, great entertainment. Don't expect any English at the front desk, although you might get lucky. As far as I can tell, the Armacao is the closest resort to the town of Porto de Galinhas. So you get the best of a Brazilian resort (breakfast, dinner and activities included) and the nearness to the adorable town. You can walk to downtown on the beach in under half an hour. I think this is a great place to stay in Porto.

• Liked — great beach-front pool
  • Disliked — musty rooms
  • Stayed March 2006
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank grenille
Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2006

we only spent onde day ate this hotel and I advise people never to go there! Everything is realy bad. Starting from the reception the give you... it is so poor. They don´t know how to answer your questions (even if they are in portugues...). Food is ok but not fantastic... rooms are horrible! out of fashion... and we had giant antes walking around during the night in our room. It was a night in hell!!
Don´t go there. Better spend a little more money and stay in a nice Resort like Nannai which is fantastic than spend less money but wish you had never left home!

Sofia and Nuno

• Stayed November 2005
9 Thank Bolocas
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2006

Hello!
Here goes an information for you that want to go on vacation and stay at the hotel armacao.

The hotel is beautiful, the people are nice, the beach is increadable and near the hotel there is a small town where you can go shopping.

One think is terrible at the hotel armacao. The super lux room is wonderful and you will like it. But the simple rooms and the middle class room are super terrible. Has arconditoning but the windows are super small, no fresh air. I could not sleep well at this hotel, so I had to move to the super lux room for a 'super expensive' price.

Nice hotel and terrible rooms. You can complain but they will not help you, only if you pay lots of money.

I had been there but I want to go back to Porto de Galinhas (wonderful place!!!) but not to the same hotel.

I had to change rooms 3 times during a 2 weeks vacation. Never happened to me before... only in this hotel with terrible rooms!!!

Have a good day.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

Well, when I arrived they put me in a small room near by the reception with a tinny little window and a very bad smell, it seemed it have been closed for years!
I claimed for a better room and they changed me, after talking to several persons, in the reception, that seemed to be having fun of me, never understanding what I was asking. Note that I am Portuguese, so I speak their language.
It is worst than bad! The new room was better, but I had no hot water.
Therefore, I went to the reception and they gave me another room, an average one.
However, I had problems with the key of the room. When I asked for technical assistance guess what they did? Yes, they putted me in another room!
How can someone rest and enjoy the beach and the nature in these conditions, always packing and unpacking?
When I asked for talking with the manager he was never there, he had just lefted or he had not arrived yet, for 14 days! I never managed to talk with him and I ask for it every day!
Restaurant was no better than reception and rooms. Breakfast was poor, the employees where lazy and other meals where of poor quality and hygiene!!
It is supposed to have massages but most of the time they have no one to do it!
They say they take VISA ELECTRON CARDS put it never works and almost made I lost my plane: I had to go to the village nearby to get some money in the cash machine at the last minute to pay my hotel expenses!
I dot advise this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemy!!

• Stayed June 2005