“Common sense is not so common”

Bourbon Londrina Business Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Londrina
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Common sense is not so common”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little old, and needs some renovating. My company has a contract with them, meaning that I often stay there and since the contract is already paid, we usually get the old dilapidated rooms with the tiny tiny beds.
Early this morning I was awoken by very loud music all of a sudden. To my surprise I was placed right next to three rooms that were converted into meeting rooms, where a music teacher was having a 'bing band music festival' !! It felt like the big band was right inside my room! I asked for a room change and the receptionist gave me some attitude, but eventually after breakfast I was given another room where the band couldn't be heard as loudly. This hotel should have more common sense not to place guests next to a music festival. Better yet music festivals should be kept to music studios or music halls, not hotels where we come to rest. I don't recommend this place.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Only stayed one night, but have mostly good things to say.
The breakfast was fantastic, the rooms were good, the bed a little hard.
Only downside was slow Internet connections. Perhaps it's country wide, though, as experienced the same in São Paulo hotel.
I'd certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed just one night in Bourbon Londrina. I knew it is old, so it didn't bothered me. The room and the bathroom were small, but it was ok for one night. I didn't like the carpet on the floor. I don't like carpets and rugs, all this ugly stuff that always looks dirty. Despite that, I think it was clean.
The best of Bourbon Londrina wasn't exactly the breakfast, but the service at the breakfast. The waiter comes and say a warm "Good morning!". I chose my table and he showed me the buffet, asked me how I'd like my eggs, and so on. There was a self-service buffet, and other items that were served at the table. If I wanted something different, I asked for it, and - if possible, of course! - done!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The bread cheese here is excellent!!! I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank silvajoel
Lugano
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Have been at Bourbon a number of times since some 20 years or so. The hotel remains a good one right downtown (some new hotels are located nowhere). Staff is kind and I have a special fare bcz of my friends in Londrina. On the other hand the hotel is getting old and comparing every new hotel has small rooms, very small bathrooms and almost no amenities . Breakfast is just fair but the room is small and becomes too busy at times, if more than one person it may become long to accomodate (they have an additional room they can open and sometimes they do it). Their small lounge bar serves food, nothing special or very accurate but it can help if you are unwilling to go out for lunch. Being in the center, even at walking distance or minutes away by taxi you can have several alternatives.
Internet is free in room and lobby, that is always a plus. No business center but you can use a computer in the lobby..for a short time and standing though.
They do have free parking next door and valet service free of charge. parking in Brasil is a must and free of charge is always wellcome.
Overall is not yet too bad and I will probably be there again. On the other hand soon or later I will try some other more new hotel in town and will let you have a report.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carlo S
Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Stayed one night here in early March 2007. We had travelled all day on the tour bus from Iguassu Falls so were pretty glad to stop & take it easy. Londrina seems like a nice place, reception staff were very helpfull & spoke english. Enjoyed this hotel. We dined at a Spanish restuarant (not in the hotel) & some in our group got very bad food poisoning. The hotel was very accomodating. Our flight left later in the day so they allowed the sick ones late checkout giving them time to recover. Stay away from Spanish food in Londrina. Can't remember the name of the place.

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Andrew D