I had a very good stay at this hotel with my family during a weekend trip to Cataratas. I can recommend this hotel to anyone, either visiting Foz do Iguacu for business or leisure.
Breakfast is complementary and has a good choice of options. Wi-Fi internet is also complementary in the room. It was easy to get a late checkout, which was good since my return flight was at 4 pm.
The hotel is located in the city center. This is good and bad at same time. It is bad because the city is unattractive, but it is good since you can go to banks, brokers where you can change your currency to reais or pesos with decent prices, restaurants and small shops paying reasonable prices. I imagine that these sorts of services are overcharged if you stay in a hotel in the road to the park. For example, many families had their dinner at a restaurant just besides the hotel (just turn left when leaving the hotel. It is the building next door). Food was good, the place was clean and reasonable and the price affordable.
Going to the Cataratas is easy. You can hail a cab. It will cost you at around R$ 40 (one way) to go the Brazilian side or R$ 70 (one way) to the Argentinian side. If you want saving money, but spending more time, the bus station to the Brazilian side to the Cataratas is close to the hotel. No more than a 10 minutes walk.
I spent one day in the Brazilian side and the other one in the Argentinian side. When returning you can use the swimming pool, sauna and gym center. My room had a 32’’ flat screen tv with a good variety of channels in many languages.
Two cons. Rooms need some refurbishing, but they are not old or broken, just outdated. Anyway, it is nothing that will shock you. Second, when entering the room, but just while entering the room, there was a smell of a smoking room. I turned the air condition on and that smell disappeared a few minutes latter. I have not felt that smell afterwards during the 3 days of my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Park International Foz is ideally located in the commercial centre. It features a swimming pool, fitness centre and a sauna. The Iguacu Waterfalls are 20 km away and the Foz do Iguacu Airport is 15 km away.Foz Golden Park International provides rooms with cable TV, a minibar and air conditioning. In addition the hotel also offers restaurants,bars, a laundry facility and a business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Park Internacional Foz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Internacional Foz Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Mercure Foz De Iguassu
- Accor Foz De Iguassu
- Golden Park Internacional Foz Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil