“Best breakfast and location”

Aguas do Iguacu Hotel Centro
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Santos, SP
“Best breakfast and location”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good location and great service. The breakfast is one of the best that I've ever had. Good price also! The rooms are enough to families and they have also an elevator for those who have special necessities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gabriel A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Breakfast was awesome! We love it!! The room was too hot because the air con was too weak, the tv image wasn't good and the shower didn't have enough water coming through it. But when we are having the breakfast we forgot the small issues of the room had....

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Wilgemma
Reading, UK
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights to enable me to do the falls from both sides. I found excellent, front of desk spoke English which was very handy for me, the room was much bigger than I was expecting (3 beds when I asked for a single), was modern, very good air-con, clean bathroom, decent TV and beds. Breakfast was also excellent, the typical Brazilian buffet with everything you could want. There is a small pool which I didn't use but looked clean and people seemed to be enjoying it. Free wi-fi in the room was a god send. Location is also excellent with several food places near by and the bus station around the corner enabling you to get the public bus to the Brazilian side of the falls (40 mins / R$2.75). I recommend a DIY job on the Brazilian side - only 0.5d required.

There is tourist information in the hotel / attached to the hotel and don't think they gave me particularly good advice - fortunately I was well read up on TA so I knew what I wanted to do. Nevertheless they efficiently organised a trip to the Argentinian side of the falls.

Really couldn't fault the hotel and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ring ahead the day before for the free airport pick up. On the way back take the same public bus as...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank megablst
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Bom hotel, bem localizado, bom café da manhã. Mas, ainda falta aquele toque pessoal de hotel estruturado. O pessoal até que se esforça, mas no fundo não são pró-ativos... Espero que após a reforma, as coisas melhorem.
Good hotel, good location, good breakfast. However, it is still missing that special touch of well structured hotel. The crew they try hard, but bottom line they aren't proactive, things are always bureaucratic to be solved... Anyway, I hope that after the fixing and refurbishing they are doing, things will get better.

Room Tip: Even though i stayed in a room facing the street, the window was well sealed, so I assume that you w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is in the center of the city, but not affected by noise. The rooms are large and clean, with tiled floors. There was a free shuttle service from the airport. The price represented extremely good value for money. The staff were particularly helpful and friendly, with one in particular, Eduardo, who spoke excellent English and provided cheerful assistance and services such as restaurant and taxi bookings.
My only reservation was that the room was extremely hot upon arrival, and could have been much more welcoming if the air conditioning had been turned on in advance of guest arrival.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank michaelpom
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This hotel was an excellent base for my friend and I to explore Iguassu Falls, both the Brazilian and Argentinian side. We asked for a twin room and were given one with a queen bed plus a single bed, which was great! Room was big and everything functioned well. We had free airport pick-up, although the transport was shared with several other travelers all staying at different hotels, but it was free and worked out alright, so no complains at all. Lucas, whom I liaised with regarding reservations and pick-up, even sent me an email the day after I arrived (it was his off day when we arrived) to check that everything went alright and I really appreciated the gesture. All the staff in this hotel were brilliant. Breakfast spread was good, lots of tables in the restaurants so we didn't feel like we had to rush through and let others have the seats. Saw a swimming pool but sadly, didn't have time to try it.

The amenities nearby provided much convenience; money-changer across the road, pharmacy a few steps away to replenish our toiletries and several local-style eating places which served typical Brazilian food like feijoada. Although we didn't really liked the food at these places, we indulged in the experience to eat and drink like locals. It felt like a safe neighborhood. It was easy getting to the falls from here. We went to the Brazilian side on our own, and then booked a day-trip for the Argentinian side with the tour desk.

What I liked best was that the hotel is very near to a bus station and from there, we took a bus and snuck into the neighboring Paraguayan city Ciudad del Este for a day - one of my fondest memory of 2013! Would stay here again if I ever travel back to Foz do Iguacu.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Viviaaan
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here and can confirm that the high rating that this hotel has is well deserved.

The staff are really friendly and attentive, none better than Christian. We really appreciated the help he gave us when, through a mistake by the bus company at the rodoviária, meant we missed our overnight bus to our next destination.

Feeling stranded and our plans immediate onwards plans ruined, we didn't know what else to do but return to the hotel.

Christian was great. It was like returning home. He immediately spoke to the manager and secured us a room at special discount (almost 50% off) the published room rate. Talk about above & beyond what was required.

More generally on the hotel though, Good service - none better; the pool was big and clean; the rooms modern & clean with cable tv, ice cold drinks in the mini bar, big shower.

Breakfasts were great - lots of hot food buffet options.

It was centrally located, literally in the centre of town but with absolutely no noise.

It was perfect for us - our stay went like clockwork. Could ask no more.
Great value for money.

My only comment for would-be guests is that there is tour guide service in the foyer of the hotel. They arranged the Iguaçu day trip for us. On reflection, we thought that most of the cost went towards the flash mini-bus they arrange to pick you up in and that it isn't necessary to do that as the Iguaçu 'tour' only drops you at the Iguaçu national park, who then take over. I.e. in summary, there will be better value ways to transit from the hotel to the falls if you ask.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple