Rafain Palace Hotel & Convention
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vivaldi Cataratas(Foz do Iguacu)
Very Good 4/5
Muffato Plaza Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
Average 3/5
Samba Foz do Iguassu(Foz do Iguacu)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Damen(Foz do Iguacu)
Luz Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Falls Galli Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
  • Breakfast included
Marica B&B(Foz do Iguacu)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Portinari Foz(Foz do Iguacu)
Good 3.5/5
Lider Palace Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
  • Pool
1,082 results
All reviewsfamily vacationnice hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulcongresspiscinetaxibrazilrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Of the five hotels I stayed in during the World Cup, this one was the nicest. The rooms are small, but clean. The restaurant was excellent. The staff was friendly and professional. My only real complaints: the Wi-Fi didn't work very well in the room. I had to go out in the hall. Also, the location isn't great. There isn't anything in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ryesman
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Large, old fashioned, good staff, poor breakfast and just an average hotel. Depending on your trip, the stay worth the fare. But avoid high expectations for a hotel built to receive huge travelling groups.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We spent just one night here while visiting Iguazu Falls (Oct. 30). The exterior was undergoing renovation at the time, but inside it was quiet, spotlessly clean, and refreshing. The courtyard area near the pool is lovely with well-tended orchids growing on nearly every tree. The breakfast buffet was second to none - the best I've ever enjoyed. I woke up once during the night when a few people were way too loud in the hall outside our room. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bkmcfall
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I do not know how much rebate this hotel pays to the travel agent (FlyTours) that recommended it to me, rather than Iguassu Resort which was my first consideration and was indeed available.

Iguassu was on my list of places that I wanted to visit before I die, and I chose to make this trip after my work trip to Brasilia. The lady at the travel agent sounded nice and kind, but betrayed my trust so badly. I do not want to make this trip miserable, so I need to write this and put it out of me.

The location is bad enough, outside of town centre that makes it inconvenient to go out,, but does not have the advantage of being really out there, like the Iguassu Resort.

The building seems old, and the room smells old, and so does everything, including the outdoor jaccuzi, smelling musty.

Massage and relaxing was one of my conditions for choosing a hotel, but the massager lady (from outside) came late, which the front desk failed to tell me. The room - supposed to be the massage facility, was cald, had no music or any ambience, but with a thin wall, I could hear kids jumping around in the next door kids' space.
The sauna was also separate small room which you have to pay for, by the way.

Yes, the walls and ceilings/floors must be paper thin. I hear the conversation in the corridor as if just next to me. I must have been extra unlucky to be put into this terrible place on the night before and after the wedding of the daughter of the owner - that is what the tour guide told me. Thjis is almost 1am in the night after the wedding, and I suppose the noisy party must be related to it. Someone just called my room with a wrong number, and I cannot go back to sleep with the noise of the party. However, when I called the reception, they said it was normal for this hotel to have noisy parties at this sort of time.
I must have been extra unlucky to be on the 4th floor just below the restaurant and hear everything happening above in the restaurant - moving chairs or dropping a spoon or a child running.

I should have trusted Trip Advisor reviews and book the hotel myself as I first thought. Both the tour guide, and a couple I met for the day trip who are staying at IguassuResort say that hotel is good.

Room Tip: Avoid 4th floor, and avoid the day of wedding of the daughter of the owner
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank yoshigva
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Large, clean but dated rooms. There was an odd feel to the hotel. It was good that Wifi was available though very poor signal.

There was a poor breakfast selection for vegetarians.

I suppose with a name including Palace, my expectations were heightened, and not met.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business