“Best hostel yet!”

Ranked #3 of 89 Foz do Iguacu B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Best hostel yet!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We spent 10 days backpacking through Brazil and this was the best place we stayed in. Nilton is incredibly helpful-my husband got sick during our trip and Nilton was so helpful. The rooms are very comfortable (a bit small but for the price you pay-VERY nice). You can get rooms with a private bathroom but we did the communal bathroom which was VERY clean, hot water, and never a wait. Nilton provided us information on how to ride the bus and everything was very close to the hostel. The breakfast was DELICIOUS, the wi-fi dependable, and Nilton's restaurant recommendations were spot-on. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The place itself is ok for the price. What gives me reason for the 2 star rating is that Nilton was totally unsympathetic to our food poisoning and charged us another half day for a late checkout, even though we couldn't leave on time because we were too sick. I'd perhaps understand if the place was full but it was completely empty (he has 11 rooms!) and so he wasn't losing any business. What's more, it was he that recommended us to eat at the supermarket buffet where my partner and I become sick through contaminated food. When I asked if he could excuse us the extra half day charge (he already knew we were sick) he only begrudgingly offered not to charge for the breakfast that we didn't (and couldn't) eat!

Room Tip: We had a quite room but most rooms are on the street side which we seem very noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ICBB, Owner at Iguassu Central Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear,
We were very surprised in receiving so bad rating from you. We couldn't imagine that your expectation was not to be charged by the costs you´ve generated having a late check out even if we were full or empty. An extra shift is paid for the maid for tidying up your room later than 12pm, as well as your electrical energy consumption and the availability of the breakfast even if you didn´t have it. Furthermore, I´ve to remind you that you were charged by less than a half of a daily rate. I wonder if you really needed a medical assistance, if wouldn´t you be charged for that.
Regarding the place you´ve had the problem to the food, we can´t be blamed for that just to have indicated it. We´ve just tryed to be kind in showing a place conveniently located for you to eat.
In my oppinion, you call me as unsympathetic is not fair, once I´ve asked you several times if there was anything I could do for you and I actually would appreciate to had help you if so.
Finishing my explanation, I would like to say that the most of our rooms are located on back of the building and I suppose just someone have had stayed in a front room could say about noisy.

Regards,

Nilton
USA
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Well priced and clean adequately sized rooms, walking distance to restaurants and the bus station. Nilton, the owner is what sets this place apart from other places we stayed while in Brazil though. He was accurate with all information, was able to communicate well with us in English, and always available. No need to look further when choosing a place to stay in Foz.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a great hostel. The breakfast is really good and big, with several fresh juices. There is a computer with internet access in addition to wifi throughout the hotel - pretty fast wifi too. And Nilton is incredibly helpful. We couldn´t buy our plane ticket online because we didn´t have a Brazil national ID number. Nilton called the airline and made a reservation for us over the phone. So nice!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Never have I been much into hostels yet if they all are like Nilton's B&B I may change my mind! The hostel is situated very close to all amenities (supermarket, central bus station, bus stop and also lots of places to eat out) and Nilton as a host is great at giving advice and directions even to such 'funny' people like me. I was staying there in the period that was not very busy (thank God, otherwise I may have lost my reservation as I was not accessing my e-mails due to travelling) and Nilton was doing basically all-in-one as in receptionist, breakfast prep, administrator etc. Well done!!

Breakfast was good and varied, computer in the lounge has internet and also there is a fridge to be used if necessary. Showers and also all the building was clean and orderly throughout.

Room Tip: i think all the rooms are pretty much equal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent communication via email and very clean and quiet. Lovely breakfast, centrally located near bus stop and Nilton was a fantastic host and made our trip very enjoyable. The Iguacu falls are just stunning and there is an amazing chinese restaurant just down the road! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Blighty
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have just come from spending 6 weeks in Peru and Brazil and I can say that Iguassu Central Bed & Breakfast was by far and away the best place I stayed in during that time. The beds are comfortable; the breakfast tasty and varied; the cost extremely reasonable and Nilton is a friendly and hospitable host (even when England beat Brazil 2 - 1 at football ha ha!!!!)

In a nutshell you must stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo