Taroba Hotel
$540
$447
Hotel Rafain Centro(Foz do Iguacu)
$82
$80
San Rafael Hotel(Foz do Iguacu)
$84
  • Pool
$155
$142
Hotels.com
Hotel Tres Fronteiras(Foz do Iguacu)(Great Value!)
$61
Foz Presidente Comfort(Foz do Iguacu)
$134
$99
TripAdvisor
Aguas do Iguacu Hotel Centro(Foz do Iguacu)
$90
Priceline
6,346 results
All reviewsthe busnew towerbreakfast is servedgames roomconvenient locationrooms are smallbig supermarketvisiting the fallsstayed nightsboth sidesbird parkiguassu fallsairportargentinachurrascariatoursparaguay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for a night whilst on a group tour.
We had a triple share room, which was tiny: there was maybe a foot between our beds (both of the outside ones were pushed against the wall), not to mention the lack of space for the luggage...

Free WiFi throughout the hotel, and the breakfast was the best we had in Brazil!
When you exit the hotel and walk 3 blocks to the right, there is a huge supermarket.
It is about 10min walk to the town centre.
On the upside- the room was very clean, beds comfy and the rooms had a safe and a large fridge.
As we stayed there, there wasn't really anyone speaking english at the reception, but they all spoke spanish which helped.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Mauro S, Manager at Taroba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hello "SON_uk22" We appreciate your time to review our hotel. Really our rooms are a bit smaller. We are glad to hear that liked our location and our breakfast. We look forward to our next visit hotel in Foz do Iguaçu! Best WESTERN Tarobá Hotel e Events wishes the best!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The new wing of this hotel is very, very nice. Super modern and very clean. I found the staff very nice and the location good for someone like me who simply wanted to hop on the bus to the falls and to the dam. The only downside with this place is that it is a little ways from the town center so your dining options are limited. But there is a great churrasco (sp) place a block away that I would highly reccommend. A bit on the pricey side but all the famous soccer players have visited it and it was fantastic. I highly reccommend staying here for a couple of nights if you are planning on being in an out of Foz.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the new wing. I did not and was lucky.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Mauro S, Manager at Taroba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hello "okakun", thank you to take a minute of your time to leavinf a comment about our Hotel e Staff. We feel very happy to know that you have a great stay. BEST WESTERN Tarobá Hotel e Eventos, are looking forward to see you again! Best wishes!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this property for two nights while we were traveling through South America. I'm sorry to say that I had an unfortunate experience at this property with regards to both cleanliness and service.

On a few occasions, we had seen bugs scurrying in the hallway when we approached our room. On the evening of Jan 3, shortly after midnight, a roach scurried into our room under the door. It ran all throughout our room, including on our bags and under our beds. I tried calling the front desk, and was informed that nobody currently on property spoke English and they would be unable to help me until the next morning. We eventually caught the bug, killed it, and placed it in a glass on the desk.

On the morning we were scheduled to check out (Jan 4), I called down to the front desk and explained what happened to one of the English-speaking agents. He told me that he would talk to the manager and call me back within 10 minutes. 60 minutes later, I had received no call back from the front desk. When I came to check out, I explained what happened again, and the staff simply laughed. They said that the manager was on a 2-hour lunch break and would not be able to speak with me. 2 hours?? At peak check-out time?

Now, I work in the hospitality industry, and I understand that there are some mistakes that can't be avoided. They can, however, be remedied. The fact that I was given no apology and no opportunity to speak with a manager was bewildering. I shared the preceding two paragraphs in an email to the management team. I received a response two days later explaining that the hotel would look into changing the company that handles its insecticide and would intensify their English language training. What?? *THAT* is service recovery?? At many hotels, a bug infestation would be a major threat to the property's reputation. Here, it's severity was akin to having a line at check-in or a wake-up call delivered late.

Although it was frustrating that there was rarely an English-speaking staff member available, I can't be upset with the hotel for that, since that's not the local language. It was strange, though, given that it's a very touristy area and that nearly every restaurant, bar, and hostel we went to had English-speaking staff members available. I chose Best Western specifically because I didn't know what to expect from the area and wanted to stick with a brand whose standards I was familiar with. Apparently, I made an error in judgment--this was the only time throughout my 3.5-week trip that I felt uncomfortable and completely helpless to change the situation.

Because of this experience and because I gave the hotel multiple opportunities to explain and apologize, I cannot in good conscience recommend the Best Western Taroba to anyone traveling through the area.

Positives: Comfortable beds, great breakfast, wonderful little town

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike_S_Chicago
Mauro S, Manager at Taroba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Hello Mr. Mike_S_Chicago!!! Thank you for dedicating your time and leaving a comment about our Hotel and staff We ask sincere apology, we never want to let you uncomfortable in our Hotel, sorry about your staff indelicacy for not say talk inglesh and not apology to you. We ask you again to stay in BEST WESTERN Tarobá Hotel e Eventos, for us to show you the improvement that we did. We looking forward to see you again. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Best Wishes!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

stayed here just for one night and it really wasn't bad at all. The room we were allocated was a bit dark but perfectly clean and adequate. Breakfast was better than expected and staff were friendly.
We took a taxi from the airport using the taxi service stand in the arrivals lounge to the hotel at a cost of 45 reals (about 15 pounds) and we used the same company to visit the Brazilian side of the falls. The driver picked us up at our hotel with our suitcases as we were going into Argentina. Dropped us at the falls, waited for 3 hours whilst we visited then took us through customs on both sides and dropped us at our hotel in Puerto de Foz. That cost us 120 reals. about 40 pounds.
The driver was friendly and efficient and we'd definately use them again if we ever come back this way.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donaldbovill

Hello donaldbovill!!,Thank you for dedicating your time and leaving a comment about our Hotel and staff. Your evaluation is very important so we can constantly improve our services. We hope you had nice days while being here and we are looking forward to see you again! Best wishes!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed for only two nights while visiting the Iguazzu Waterfalls and didn't check out any of the hotel's facilities. The hotel was still under construction but it did not interfere with our stay. The room and bathroom weren't the largest but comfortable for the two of us. Everything was very clean and staff was helpful.

The breakfast area has waterfalls, which creates a nice atmosphere. Food at breakfast was fresh and plentiful. There was a nice variety of hot and cold options.

The hotel is located about 5 minute walk from the Bus terminal in Foz do Iquacu and buses to the airport/and or the National Park and to Argentina stop half a block walk from the hotel. They run every 15-20 mins from early in the morning until late at night. We never had to wait more than 5 mins for a bus to show up. And the best part - the fare was less than $2.

There is a restaurant in the hotel - we didn't try it out and there are few places within 2 blocks (mainly steakhouses) but not much else around. The city center is a little further away. It's a walkable distance but it felt a little strange to walk when it was dark. We were never in any danger but I still felt a little worried.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marketa C
Mauro S, Manager at Taroba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hi Marketa C! Thank you for dedicating your time and leaving a comment about our Hotel and staff. Your evaluation is very important so we can constantly improve our services. We hope you had nice days while being here and we are looking forward to see you again! Best wishes!