We stayed at hotel from 7PM Sunday to 8AM Tuesday. This gave us one full day at the Falls.
First the hotel: Perfect! Yes pricey, we booked on line a few weeks in advance,no problems. We did dinner at hotel both nights( kind of far to go anywhere else). Dinner is available to order off menu, however we feel the buffet is the way to go. Wide selection and different selection both nights, even for a fussy eater as I am. The selection of beef,lamb, pork was very tastey. It is served from a skewer (Brazilian style, like in the states, only this is the real deal!). Service was excellent. There is another resturant in the hotel, however it was closed for a private function. I did not see the menu.
There is a lounge off the lobby with appetizers and drinks. I think they serve sandwiches etc at certain times, apps only at night.
There also is a beautiful library /sitting room next to lounge.
Breakfast was included. Buffet style, very good. I saw some people order eggs cooked to order. I don't know if this was an extra charge. We had plenty to choose from without ordering eggs cooked to order.
We had lunch at pool side burgers etc. Pricey but equal to any first class hotel.
Our room did not have a view room, however it was newly remodeled and top notch. We did not see a problem without a view because the falls are accross the street. There is a great view from the bell tower on top of the hotel.
I believe the cab ride from airport was $30.00US, this is from the Brazian airport.We had Brazilian money but paid in US Dollars.
The park fee is paid by the hotel and passed on to us at check out. No money was paid at the entrance.
Return trip to airport was scheduled by front desk with local cab company, same price as coming to hotel. The hotel has a car service but it was much more than a cab.
Hotel has a spa, we did not use, however the prices did not seam out of line. English in the spa reception area was limited.
There was no need for us to rent a car.
We arrainged the river boat experience with the on site travel person. It is same price as the boat company,except they come and pick you up and bring you back. Hotel has free throw away ponchoes if you ask.
Just a few tips, this is not the "Maid of The Mist". You will get wet, you will go directly under the falls, the boats on the Brazilian side do the same as the Argentinan side. They have a wet pack to keep belongings and cameras dry when you get under the falls. My suggestion get a waterproof camera. You will get wet and your camera will get wet. if not in wet pack. I have a $200.00 waterproof digital camera from Costco and the pics and video is worth every penny. Also wear a bathing suit!! I got soaked, my wife stayed reasonably dry. We both wore a poncho, I don't think you need it.
They do take a video for sale, we did not buy thier video. I do not know the price.
There is a trail that runs along the falls, with an elevator at the end closest to Devils Throat, this is free and gets you on top of the falls.
You are not on top of Devils Throat but it is a good view. We did not have time to go to the Argentina side, however we feel we saw plenty on the Brazilian side. So if you only have a short time as we did, we saw plenty, it is an amazing site.
So, my final thoughts from a fugal couple, for two nights: GO FOR IT. This hotel is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil