A magnificent hotel.
Greeting at reception was perfect and comprehensive, explaining all the amenities and walking us to our room. We were upgraded to a deluxe room in the Garden Wing, the newest part of the hotel with wide corridors, deep-pile carpets, polished wood.
Our huge pale green and yellow room was beautiful with a massive bed, free bottles of water and a large safe. Free wifi, no password required, throughout the hotel. Loved the free Havaianas.
Beautiful bathroom and a lovely shower, especially after arriving hot and sticky from a visit to the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls.
Dinner in the poolside restaurant began with very good caipirinhas. We both had the Brazilian barbecue buffet which was massive and a meat-lovers feast: apart from the many starters including a fantastic Brazilian catfish soup and brie in pastry with berries, there were various cuts of beef from fillet to rib, lamb, pork, and chicken. Plenty of salads, a wonderful array of breads and a table of desserts - excellent creme brulee.
The breakfast was by far the best we had on this trip. Lots of hot foods like bacon, sausage, roesti, plus a cook on hand making perfect omelettes; cereals, yogurts, a huge array of fresh fruit, freshly-squeezed juices, breads, home-made jams (pineapple particularly good), sweet pastries and cakes.
Perfect location for viewing Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side before the crowds arrive.
Service at the pool is just fantastic. Every now and again someone comes around bringing cold facecloths or refreshments such as cold juice cocktails, fresh fruit skewers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil