If you want to see the falls with style, stay here. Although the superior room is rather small, the overall experience is worth the extra money. We did like the breakfast (great fruit and yougurt, make sure you get a table poolside), the service, the overall atmosphere of the hotel, sipping cocktails on the poolside in the afternoon, the tropical garden, going to see the falls before the crowds arrive, etc.
Some additional tips:
Once you land in Foz, to get to hotel das cataratas you can get a bus to the national park (2.75 reais, you pay inside the bus). However, the bus leaves you at the national park official entrance. To get to the private hotel das cataratas entrance, where the private transfer will come to pick you up, you need to walk approx 300 meters from the national park official entrance. So, if you do not want to walk with your luggage these 300 meters, consider getting there by taxi. The price from the airport to the private entrance is 20 reais
Do not waste time and money into the macuco safari. The only goal of these people is to make sure that you get wet.
If you can, do go to Argentina to see the falls, and possibly also have lunch in Puerto Iguassu. We had lunch in Aqua and were very happy with that.
If you go to Argentina, you will need cash (170 pesos per person) to enter the park. Do not change your money in argentina, try to get your pesos in Brasil, the rate is much better.
Do go to see the bird park. You will need 1 hour and 30 minutes. It is 200 meters away from the cataratas private entrance, and well worth the time and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil