This is a five star hotel. With five star service and five star prices. And it is worth every penny.
The hotel is situated perfectly and affords amazing vistas of the falls cascading down the cliffs across the Argentine side of the river. As an added bonus, the falls can be enjoyed early in the morning and late at night before and after the national park is open to the public.
The rooms are very comfortable and there is a spa and outdoor pool available as well, which, while heated, is still pretty chilly.
The buffet breakfast is amazing and offers an enormous selection of items from Brazil and, of course, internationally.
I ate in the hotel's Itaipu restaurant, which was excellent and very reasonably priced for a 3 course dinner with wine (approximately £60/person).
A visit to the Argentine side of the falls was easily arranged through the on-site travel agent, who provided a car and driver for just over £100 for the day, and who helpfully took care if the border formalities in Brazil and Argentina.
If you've come this far to see the falls, then I thoroughly recommend going the whole hog and staying at Hotel Das Cataratas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil