Stayed with my husband for several nights. What a magical place. The hotel itself is gorgeous. Everywhere your eyes fall is a different beautiful hardwood, a beautiful plant, a brightly plumed bird, or an interesting specimen of wildlife. Our room was on the small side but well furnished. Its window faced the Falls - amazing. Only complaint about the room: one night we left our light on when we left the room. When we returned rhere were so many bugs! That night we slept wearing DEET.
The pool area was beautiful and poolside service attentive. Hotel food was quite good, albeit expensive. (And since you are quite a ride from "civilization" you are somewhat limited in choices). We used room service once and it was fine (a good alternative to the buffet dinner or the somewhat limited menu in the main dining room). A small problem is that the hotel shopping area is very small with no decent sundries store. And, though there was a spa, there was (oddly) no fitness center.
But what overwhelms everything else, positive and negative: location. The hotel is within the National Park. As a guest you have access to the Falls 24x7. This means that you will be able to hike down to the Falls before and after the park opens - in relative solitude. The Falls themselves are magical. It is possible to have little cavils with the hotel, but overall - a beautiful hotel in a magical location - what could be better?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the spectacular Iguacu Falls in Iguacu National Park, the 5-star Belmond Hotel das Cataratas provides free Wi-Fi internet access. Guests can enjoy a cocktail by the swimming pool or play a game of tennis on the provided court. The falls can be experienced by speed boat, rafting or by a helicopter flyover. For excitement and adventure, guests can enjoy abseiling, rock climbing and canopy walks. Walking tours allow for the surrounding lush rain forest to be explored. Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers traditional Portuguese styled rooms with a flat screen TV, dark wood furniture and warm natural tones. Some rooms provide a balcony and seating area. The two restaurants on-site provide views of the falls and of the hotel's pool. They serve a selection of international and local Brazilian cuisine. In the evening live music can be enjoyed in the downstairs bar. The Iguacu Falls lie between the Brazilian state of Parana and Argentina. The Brazilian side offers postcard panoramic views, while the Argentinian side provides varied, up-close views. The hotel is located in a privileged position, alongside the Iguassu Falls. It is in fact the only hotel situated in the Iguassu National Park. Because of its prime location, the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a unique experience - taking walks along the trails by the falls which may be done at any time during the day, with the added advantage that from 7 a.M to 9 a.M, the trails are for guests of the hotel exclusively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Hotel das Cataratas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Das Cataratas Hotel
- Tropical Das Cataratas
- Hotel Das Cataratas
- Hotel Tropical Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel Das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil