We stayed here for two nights, and we're expecting a high standard, we were disappointed in some respects, our room was quite lovely, clearly newly refurbished, modern clean and a nice shower room. The setting for the hotel is also lovely, with nice gardens, good walks and a large swimming pool, however the pool was not as clean as it could be, and the area surrounding it was littered with bits of food, cigarette ends etc. I would not go in the pool as a result though others did. It had a lovely spa, and I had a nice massage at a reasonable price. The bar was quite nice but the staff a little quiet and reticent, though we had no complaints about the service. The dining room experience however was farcical...it was presided over by the 'manager' who behaved as if he was controlling a camp, he was the only one who would take orders, and seemed to be in a almighty rush so there was no customer service, we experienced him taking our order whilst talking to two members of staff about other orders, not very professional, there were plenty of staff but he seemed to be the only one who could take orders so the remaining staff stood about waiting to be told what to do by him, so everything was slowed down....the food was ok if uninspiring. Lastly we had to get up to leave at 5 am to catch a flight, we knew that breakfast would not start until later than then so we asked if we could have a packed sandwich to take with us the answer was a clear NO, they didn't do that! very stranger as they did advertise 24 hour room service! If this hotel was better managed it would be lovely.........as it is the only good side was the room as for the rest not impressed at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Martin Hotel and Resort is located just for 400 meters from the main entrance of the National Park, 03 kilometers from Foz do Iguaçu Airport, and 10 kilometers from the downtown. The resort has 135 rooms, divided in 3 categories. The simple one is the standard, the superior is a medium comfort, and superior class the deluxe one, and junior suites. All the rooms have TV, air con, minibar, telephone, wi-fi free of charge, trail inside of the wood for walking, and a beautiful and wonderful pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Martin Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Martin Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- San Martin Hotel And Resort
- San Martin Resort
- San Martin Hotel & Resort Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil