We were booked here by a tour agency called Latin Tours as part of our Iguazu experience.
This is definitely a very strange place that must be experienced to understand or better yet avoided entirely. The hotel has an attractive look from the outside, but once inside you are challenged with the dual concepts of massiveness and very bad taste. For unexplainable reasons the is an assortment of out dated movie projectors and old cars in the expansive lobby. The place felt like the hotel in a Steven King novel, huge dark wide halls seemingingly going nowhere. The art on the walls was exraordinarily bad and tasteless looking like it came from garage sale or worse. To make it even tackier the same work of a lying nude was repeated in the same hall within several yards of each other. The rooms actually were spacious but the old furnishings, cheap art, and bright over head neon lights made the stay unattractive. I must give the place some positive points on a very good buffet dinner and buffet breakfast. The was a very nice large outdoor pool, but we did not use it. Overall we had a good time marveling at the weird bad taste and other displays. It wasn't the worst place that Latin Tours booked. We would find that at Hotel Brevet in Rio.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carima Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carima Hotel And Resort
- Carima Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- Carima Hotel Foz De Iguassu
- Carima Resort Foz De Iguassu
- Carima Hotel & Convention Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil