“Lovely family home!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 89 Foz do Iguacu B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely family home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had such a lovely stay here for 3 nights, which I think is a great amount of time to stay in Foz. The one problem was getting there in the first place - no taxis or bus drivers knew where we were headed. Get them to send you a map or written out directions in Portuguese before you go.

The room was so clean, and lovely - we stayed 4 of us together in one room. Huge TV (not that we turned it on at all :P), lovely A/C, lovely sitting room, amazing breakfast that changed everyday, great pool out back, and the friendliest hosts ever. They helped us organise a few tours and even drove us around themsleves one day! Thanks guys!! :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank camotran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

It took us a while to find the place since many taxi drivers did not know where it is located; however, once you get there you feel at home. We like the fact that the area is very quiet and is relatively close to a big mall. The breakfast was fantastic. We were the only people staying at the time, but the whole table was full of great bread, fruits, juices, you name it!. The only thing that we did not like was the mattress. It seems to me that the mattress was a little old, so it was not very confortable. Not big deal though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Yuri and his family were great hosts. The house was clean and very nice. English was limited (I don't speak any spanish or portugese) but Yuri helped us out a lot. He even drove us to the bus station to buy our onward tickets when leaving. Very friendly atmosphere thanks I had a great time! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gowdy10
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I spent 4 days at Casa do Turista in Dec 2012. Yuri, the owner, was a fantastic host. He is very knowledgeable about the different activities available in the region and was great at recommending options for each day of our time in Foz. He also helped us with booking restaurant reservations and arranging transportation everywhere we wanted to go. The breakfast served each morning was a complete spread with great fresh fruits, breads, cakes, and cured meats. Our room was well cleaned and I'd say the overall service represented amazing value for the price. I'll definitely return to Casa do Turista on my next trip out to Foz.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Halaoui
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We used this hotel as a base for our trips to Iguacu Falls. On the first day we went to the Brazilian side of the falls, and on the second day we went to the Argentinian side of the falls. The falls are absolutely amazing, and we wouldn't have missed going to Foz for the world (quick note; if you've only got one day, go to the Argentinian side, it's miles better!) The family who own the house are very friendly and they organised the trips for us. The house is lovely with rather posh rooms and a swimming pool. We spent new year here and were invited by the family to spend the night celebrating with them - we did, and they served us some fantastic food! There is a supermarket nearby in the large shopping centre, which is quite handy for if you want to buy drinks or some general supplies. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cellar room - right by the pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsJudeeLevinson
Menton, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This family really welcomes you into their midst. Nothing is too much trouble and Yuri, the son will act as a taxi service when available. His English is limited but his suggestions and warmth are not!
If you are crossing into Paraguay his offer of driving one across the Friendship Bridge should be taken, this can be a place where belongings go 'missing' The pool was a bonus when the temperatures rose, and Papa makes a mean 'caipirinha' ! their suggestions to visit the Itaipu Dam and the wonderful Iguazu falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides should be heeded.
Breakfast was a feast, lovely unusual fruit juices to us Europeans, followed by so many cakes and cheeses that space does not allow all to be described, so thanks to his mother for all her work.
Possibly the only drawback was the walk into town, but it was straightforward and one can always get a taxi back after dinner.

Grateful thanks to all the family for making our stay such a pleasure.

Room Tip: we had the room downstairs next to the swimming pool. It has its own shower room, very quiet and com...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peacehorses
Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent two nights here, in order to go to Iguacu Falls.
The room was big (there are three beds) clean, and there was a big TV.
Moreover, the shower room was also kept clean.
Furthermore, there was great handmade breakfast!!
The staff here is very FRIENDLY.
Luri replied quickly to my questions over email before arrival, and after arrival helped me out with various things.
He helped me reach the Paraguay border cheaply, and took me to the bus terminal downtown.
Moreover, he helped me reconfirm my flight with the airline.
I can't speak Portuguese.
But his parents spoke to me eagerly in Portuguese, and welcomed me.
I wish I could understand Portuguese.
The hotel is about 30 minutes on foot from downtown.
I think that it is somewhat far.
But even thinking about it, I still recommend this strongly.
I had a really wonderful time and this is a great place.
I hope I can come back here someday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo