“Nice Hostel in Foz do Iguassu”
Review of Klein Hostel

Klein Hostel
Berlin, Germany
“Nice Hostel in Foz do Iguassu”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a private bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Bed- and bathroom were clean and through the window came enough daylight. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is WiFi and a computer free of charge. They offer dinner for 13 BRL per person. Which is a good option if you don't want to cook for yourself and don't have the budget for going to a restaurant. The pool was not usable when we were there and the hostel is a little far from down town. But there is a good bus connection and the staff is very helpful in explaining how to get to the Falls and into the city center.
The Hostel offers free transport to from the airport.
All in all I enjoyed ma stay at Klein Hostel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ashburton, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Really clean hostel and fantastic staff. Was getting over a stomach bug while staying here and the staff done everything they could to help-even gave my partner a lift to the pharamacy. Transfers to and from the bus station are great and the dinners are real tasty and fantastuc value.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I was only at the hostel one night on my way to Paraguay, and had already done the falls from the Argentinian side so wasn't interested in seeing them again, which meant location was perfect for me, close to the international bus terminal. However it is a bus ride into the centre which might be annoying if you are planning to stay for a while. However the hostel is clean and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The ATM at the bus terminal wasn't working for me and so the hostel gave me a lift to the nearest one. They also do free airport and bus terminal transfers which is great, haven't heard if any other hostels doing that! They have a pool and a bar, breakfast was great with cheese and ham toasties and chocolate cake! The hostel also offers home made dinners every night for 13 R, which was really good value for what you get. Wi fi was good and there was hot water, cable tv and a computer for guests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, in last week, in the private double room. The bad was confortable, but the bedroom was dark and dirty. The bathroom had infiltrations in ceiling and we take shock in the shower.
We was with a rental car and still found far from the center and tha falls. We do not use the transfer service offered by them, because our flight was early in the morning and they refused to get us this time.
The good was the fast internet and a nice swimming pool.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnaChrist
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night in February. Had planned to stay 3 nights but moved after one. It's true they pick you up and take you there from the bus station or airport on arrival and departure, but it is then so far away from the falls (with public transport it took us 1.5hrs to get home on the buses from the brazil side of the falls)! We found staying in Argentina much more convenient.

We also booked to have dinner in the hostel and were told this would be served at 7.30pm. On arrival back there at 7.25pm we were told they had served dinner at 7pm after all and that they didn't save us any. The staff were apologetic about this, but we couldn't understand why if they knew we were coming back for it they would serve it to other people (you had to reserve a meal). It meant that after a long day, we then had to venture out of the hostel again to find something to eat.

The hostel itself is ok. Stayed in the private double room with ensuite which was fine, mainly it was the location that put us off, in particular when there are a lot of accommodations nearer to the falls.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samanfaa
London
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in February 2013, in an 8-bed dorm.

Pros:
- Free pickup from bus station.
- Fast Internet connection.
- Usual hostel amenities; bar, kitchen, TV etc.
- Staff are friendly and helpful.

Cons:
- Dirty bathroom.
- Expensive for what it is.
- Hardly any of the power outlets work, so forget about charging your phone while you're here - in fact forget about using the kitchen grill too.
- Lockers are in the open air, so all your valuables get nice and damp overnight.
- The photo they use on all the publicity shots is of a lovely, spacious 10-bed dorm with no bunk beds in it. This is only one of their dorms. The others are crammed full of bunks and nowhere near as nice.
- It's not really near any other amenities.

In summary, I would try somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for the nice 10 bee dorm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieInLondon
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

If I could do this trip again I would stay at Klein hostel and visit both sides of the falls from here. Very friendly staff who will do anything they can to make your stay great. Great Internet. Dinner for 10 real. Beer 2.50 real with a self service bar. Free transfers to the bus station or airport. Cleanest hostel I have been to. Large rooms. Excellent security. Good knowledge on using the local buses. Of note we were told not to bother with the brazil side of the falls but because I wasn't expecting much these turned out to be my favourite as less crowded, slightly cheaper and more shade. I think you need to do both and don't take advice from people who haven't even been to both sides.

• Stayed February 2013