“one of the best choices”
Review of Marica B&B

Marica B&B
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Zurich, Switzerland
“one of the best choices”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

we stayed at many "pousada"s during our three months trip in brasil and marica's b&b was by far the best deal: clean, neat rooms with silent ac for a very reasonable price! and as an extra the breakfast was delightful. marica helped us with everything (taxi, finding a good dinner place) in her charming and friendly manner. i highly recommend a stay at her place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 04skipper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed with Maria for 3 nights as a family of 4. Our 2 interconnected rooms with private bathroom were perfect for a family and very comfortable. Maria was a wonderful host - she organised a driver to fetch us from the airport at 1.30am and was there to greet us on arrival. She also gave us all the information we needed for getting to the falls and the Argentinian side and even when she was battling a flash flood in the garden cheerfully arranged taxis and hot coffee. Breakfasts were fabulous with a great range of delicious food. There was construction happening while we were there but it did not disturb us as we were out all day and once it is finished it will be even better. It was a wonderful warm introduction to Brazil - thank you Maria

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hmm_Where_next
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am a long time user of Tripadvisor , and I have to say it is the biggest Flop I had using Tripadvisoe recommendations. I thought we were one pf those cases in which even the best place can have. But No ! As an engineer , I should have suspected reviews which have a distribution of : 98 Excellent VS 10 Poor and Terrible. What makes things even worse is that we travelled with another couple who suffered from my mistake since I was charge of the trip reservations. I decided to check the issue thoroughly when I will get back home. To my great surprize I found that we suffered from the same repeting problems as other reviewers who gave poor marks (please press 'Poor' & 'Terrible' on the reviews distribution bar chart ).
It all started when we arrived to the BB and it was all dark with nobody there. We tried calling the number indicated on the 'Booking.com' vauchure and got no response. The same as another reviewer , after knoking 15 minutes on the doors , we asked the taxi driver (it was 2100 with heavy rain) to try and find us another hotel. It was a holiday in Brasil and after checking about 8 hotels and BBs we were almost desperate. At last one reception staff who were so ashamed of that , made an effort and found Maria's cellular number telling her to return to her BB. We drove back to the BB , and this lady did not make any appology but rather had the guts blaming us for informing late arrival ( which we did) , but appearing earlier than expected..( the flight was changed as often happens). It was 2230 , wet and cold - but of coarse no hot tea or coffee was offered. As written in another review we suffered from construction noises and smells. We got two rooms that were probably good for a family but not for two couples ( they were connected - so if you wanted to go out from your room it was only through the other couple's room..) Taxi drivers issue was also existing as mentioned by other reviewes so I will not repeat it. It seems that The biggest problem is owner character (she repeates with her behavior even after those reviews). Another big problem is that the facilities are left with nobody in charge if Maria is not there. So if you have any problem (and we had some..) - no one can help you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Shloime
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were really looking forward to our stay with Maria after reading the reviews and looking at the pics on her site.
We were really disappointed on arrival. We arranged for her driver to collect us from the airport when we landed at midnight. Our flight was delayed so he decided to just leave us there to find our own way. as it happened it was cheaper to get a taxi at the airport than use her driver.....
When we finally arrived at the b&b she showed us our room and asked us what time we would like breakfast as we arrived late. We said 9:30.
the next morning we were woken at 8am by drilling behind our head!! We finally got our of bed with head aches and found the whole place to be a building site. the lovely garden and swimming pool was completely out of bounds and half dug up. The builders continued to make loads of noise while we ate our breakfast.
I understand that she is trying to get her building work finished up and she apologised it had over run. However when running a b&b your guest go out all day so at least let them eat in peace and don't let your building fit a kitchen behind their heads at 8 am when they arrived at 2am!!!
the rooms themselves are nice, we had the smallest, some of the others where very big. It was clean and comfortable and everyone staying was very nice.
We used Marias services to get to the argentinian side of the falls which really saved us a lot of hassle.

The b&b is lovely, I can see why there are so many good reviews.
Unfortunately we were very unlucky and would expect to be warned of works such as these going on when you are staying, or at least some kind of discount offer as the facilities advertised were not available to us..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kirsty_Rutherford
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit the Brazilian side of the falls. We got a comfortable room. Nothing special, but a good room compared to the price. The breakfast was wonderful. But the best thing about this B&B is Maria. A friendly woman who will help you with everything. She even organized a taxi for us to visit the Argentinian side off the falls together with another couple. She asked the taxi to stop at our Argentinian hotel for the next night to drop our bags. This saved us a lot of time.

The B&B is located a bit outside the center of the village. But the bus is nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am writing this review late, but definitely have not forgotten about my stay at Marica B&B. Stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. The rooms were lovely. For 3 nights we were able to stay in the family room with a private bathroom and balcony. The room was absolutely gorgeous, and having a balcony was a plus! Maria’s backyard is beautiful, and has a pool as well so the view from the balcony was gorgeous. The other rooms are beautiful, but the only downside is you have to share a bathroom.

Maria is very welcoming and a great host. I had to work while I visited Foz do Iguacu, and she was kind enough to let me connect my IP phone directly to her internet connection so I could continue to make my business calls on an 8am-5pm work schedule. Since the internet connection is located by the breakfast area (public area), she set up a table just for my telephone, and allowed me to use her breakfast table to work. On top of that, she prepared us Caiprinhas to enjoy with her!

Maria provides a delicious breakfast daily, and I do have to say she makes some of the best coffee I have ever tasted!

The location is spectacular. I had my own car, which she let us park in her garage, so I did not have to worry about arranging transportation through the city, although I know she does offer that service. Marica B&B is close to a shopping mall, and nice local bars in driving distance. It is also not that far from the Iguazu Falls!

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, and would definitely stay there again! Thank you Maria for the wonderful stay! We could not have asked for better! ☺

Room Tip: Try to get the family room with a private bathroom.